Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2018 3:53:52 AM EDT
Anyone bought one of these factory refurbs? Are they thrashed range guns? Pics look good. I'm looking for an FDE 17S. Not much luck finding a new one so far but there are a couple refurbs available. Or should I say screw it and just get a black one?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It's your funeral buddy...

Should be fine, probably a demo gun with a new barrel and bcg
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Where does one get one of these refurbed guns?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Indeed. Do tell.

ETA: Looks like Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're not finding any in stock anywhere then latest batch from FN could be sold out. It could be a year until more are imported.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it was on Gunbroker. Was curious if anyone here had bought one or had a chance to look one over.

I’ve only been looking for a couple weeks so I can’t say whether current inventory is exhausted but it doesn’t look promising. At least for the FDE 17S anyway. I’m sure something will trickle on to Gunbroker but it will be north of $3000 likely.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So I called FNH. I asked where these rifles come from and if they come with a warranty. At first the lady said she didn't know anything about Factory Refurbs. She put me on hold and asked somebody else who said they knew nothing about it either. Then I told her that the seller mentioned FNs "used firearm program." She confirmed they did have a used firearm program but couldn't say what was done to refurb them, where they got the rifles or if they came with warranty. After putting me on hold again and consulting with someone else she came back and said the person she was taliking to asked if I could send them links to some of these refurb listings on GB. I said sure. Even though this gal didn't have much info to offer, she was very nice during the conversation.

Looking closely at the pics on Gunbroker I see a little handling wear and some black marks where it looks like a vertical grip was mounted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never had a good gun company ask me to prove where/when I purchased the gun if I needed a repair. If I was in the market for a used SCAR I'd buy this without worrying about warranty.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where does one get one of these refurbed guns?
View Quote
Gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I called FNH. I asked where these rifles come from and if they come with a warranty. At first the lady said she didn't know anything about Factory Refurbs. She put me on hold and asked somebody else who said they knew nothing about it either. Then I told her that the seller mentioned FNs "used firearm program." She confirmed they did have a used firearm program but couldn't say what was done to refurb them, where they got the rifles or if they came with warranty. After putting me on hold again and consulting with someone else she came back and said the person she was taliking to asked if I could send them links to some of these refurb listings on GB. I said sure. Even though this gal didn't have much info to offer, she was very nice during the conversation.

Looking closely at the pics on Gunbroker I see a little handling wear and some black marks where it looks like a vertical grip was mounted.
View Quote
Keep us posted
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I've purchased a couple weapons through SSD International auctions on gunbroker with very good results.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've purchased a couple weapons through SSD International auctions on gunbroker with very good results.
View Quote
Same I got a scar16,but never a Refurb.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Keep us posted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us posted
Will do!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top