Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2022 1:03:16 PM EDT
The last update I saw (MAC - youtube) on these rifles didn't look promising. Any owners out there of the current lot of rifles still experiencing these issues?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.fnforum.net/threads/fn-scar-20s-popped-primers.227909/
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
To my knowledge they never fixed the problem yet. They are using a 308 size firing pin and channel.

FN really screwed themselves on this. They really should be on this board and the FN forum talking to owners of these expensive rifles.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:
To my knowledge they never fixed the problem yet. They are using a 308 size firing pin and channel.

FN really screwed themselves on this. They really should be on this board and the FN forum talking to owners of these expensive rifles.
View Quote

Reading the FN forum posts, it sounds like FN redesigned the bolt and firing pin — are you saying this did not actually fix the issue?
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michealj] [#4]
The new bolt and firing pin is fairly new and from what I’ve read, which isn’t much, they seem to have resolved the pierced primer issues. I have a pretty early sample that I shoot both 6.5 and 308 with, I have not had any FTE/FTF or primer issues with mine. With hot 6.5 ammo, I get pretty deep primer strikes with the original 308 firing pin, I do plan on getting out soon to see what the primers look like with the new firing pin and bolt.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW no issues with mine that I have had for about 5 months. Still finishing up load development but no issues yet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By atz:

Reading the FN forum posts, it sounds like FN redesigned the bolt and firing pin — are you saying this did not actually fix the issue?
View Quote

My post was > 4 months old. For 2023 they supposedly have fixed the issue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top