Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2018 3:34:14 PM EDT
So I am thinking about outfitting my SCAR 17 with FDE KDG stuff and FDE pistol grip. anyone have any photos of the black SCAR with a FDE KDG furniture?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt go for the KDG stock on a 17. You are asking for problems if you shoot a lot especially if you run a can.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Really? How so? I haven’t heard of any issues yet
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind. Just started reading about it... bummer
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just for reference there is a nice SCAR two-tone on the last page of the SCAR pic thread right now
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never mind. Just started reading about it... bummer
View Quote
Yeah, you usually get issues with the back plate screws bending. Its not really an issue on the 16, at least to that degree. But the aftermarket hasnt figured out howto make it work on the 17 without problems.  Suppressors increase carrier velocity making it worse.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
get smaller gas screws
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Are they bending or just canting? And is the canting due to the stock? There are many OEM 17s that come from FNH with canted rear screws. I have yet to see conclusive evidence that this is a) damaging to the rifle or b) due to the KDG stock alone.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they bending or just canting? And is the canting due to the stock? There are many OEM 17s that come from FNH with canted rear screws. I have yet to see conclusive evidence that this is a) damaging to the rifle or b) due to the KDG stock alone.
View Quote
There are quite a few that ship with canted screws, but it is very slight. It's from biasing the screw holes, combined with using flat heads, to ensure the rear trunnion is pulled tightly into the back of the receiver.

There are a few reports where guns had those screws loosen up, which of course allows the trunnion to separate from the receiver and results in bent screws, but I haven't seen this happen with properly tight screws. Most of the the threads about it on the fn forums have people with the kdg stock who never inspected the screws prior to installing it, so they have no idea if it was before or after.

Can anyone confirm if the MK20 SSR has a polymer or aluminum stock bracket? It looks aluminum in photos, but I haven't seen one in person.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Not quite black nor kdg, but close.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top