Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2020 6:07:01 PM EDT
I’ve been doing some research on the SCAR 17 and came across some articles about how SCAR 17s can eat up optic.  Anyone have any experience with a Thor 4 thermal on a SCAR 17?  I called ATN and they said it could handle a SCAR and if not, send it back but that won’t do me any good if it ruins a hunting trip.  I would be mounting it it’s the Bobro QD Thor 4 specific mount.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I normally defend the SCAR when it comes to these things but I’d be leery of putting things with advanced electronics on it. They said they’d cover it, but I’d probably bring a backup optic just in case. Then again if I were on some prolonged hunting trip I’d probably do that anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man, better safe than sorry.  The trip will be for a week and I don’t want to get stranded and out a 3k optic while hunting.  Going to stick with the Colt for this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top