Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2022 3:04:24 PM EDT
I followed both the "manual" sent with the firearm as well as the Military manual "SW370-A4-OPI-010 Rev 1"  
in an attempt to remove my bolt and carrier (Moving parts assembly) from the receiver. The bolt carrier does not want to separate from the "charging sled" in the receiver. The two units act like they has been pinched together tightly as to prevent separation or removal, and the bolt carrier will NOT drop out of the receiver when the muzzle is elevated, as it is still attached to the sled. Currently I can not remove the bolt carrier group from the receiver as the sled and bolt carrier group do not want to separate.

Would someone tell me the secret in removing the bolt carrier group from the sled so I can separate the two items without breaking the components.

Thanks in advance.
l2a3
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Put it all back together, lock the bolt back with no mag in it and send the bolt home.

If you'd prefer to not do that, make sure the bolt is all the way forward/in and put both of your thumbs on the back of both charging handles. Push forward in both the handles, it should click separating from the carrier.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This time it released when the bolt went forward. Again thank you for sharing that bit of knowledge.
l2a3
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
This must be for the new model I presume as I don’t know what the hell you are talking about. My carrier falls right out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#4]
MAC did a video on the NRCH.

New SCAR 17 (NRCH) - Can I update my old SCAR?

Skip to 7:22 for the disassembly process.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It needs to be fully in battery to lock the sled at the front, so:
  • either bolt lock and then release
  • push forward on the charging handle forcefully until it locks forward
then just tip the gun muzzle up and let the BCG slide out.
Technically, you can do it another way, by using a dowel or finger to actuate the lever that locks the sled into the BCG, but it's tricky and not worth the time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top