Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2022 9:38:38 AM EDT
Is it feasible to build a semi auto SBS that would be able to cycle target loads? I've heard a lot of shotguns have reliability issues under certain barrel lengths. Ideally i'd get it re threaded for chokes and possibly put a salvo on it.

Would an inertia operated system have better reliability than a gas shotgun of the same length?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
My Beretta 1301 cycles anything I put through it. Benelli's are excellent as well, but might be a little pickier with ammo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunDisaster:
My Beretta 1301 cycles anything I put through it. Benelli's are excellent as well, but might be a little pickier with ammo.
View Quote

I have a Benelli super sport I've shot for 15 years that's never failed me, I've considered trying to find another barrel and just cutting it down. But damn are they proud of their barrels.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
A recoil/inertia based system fill fare better than gas when it comes to short barrels.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

A recoil/inertia based system fill fare better than gas when it comes to short barrels.
View Quote

That is what I figured, thank you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Tromix Saiga 8” barrel cycles fine with walmart loads shooting trap.  I’m not very good with it lol, but cycling isn’t the issue
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nhill:
Tromix Saiga 8” barrel cycles fine with walmart loads shooting trap.  I’m not very good with it lol, but cycling isn’t the issue
View Quote

My sporting clays club doesn't allow pistol grip shotguns unfortunately, they're probably going to squawk about an SBS as well unless I can make it cooler than they are snooty.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Tac 13 will cycle anything you put in it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top