Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2021 10:47:46 PM EDT
So I’m moving to Iowa for federal employment with the FAA. Currently have a MK-18 (10.3 inch barrel) and can’t find a solid answer on google as to if Iowa allows SBRs for civilians. Can any IA residents provide insight on CURRENT SBR law? Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe SBR SBS and Suppressors are GTG in IA, but I would post in the IA hometown forum for the current laws.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes. No issues with my SBR (and suppressors) in Iowa

I was actually the first local guy to have such toys in my AO when I moved to IA. They had just legalized them a month or two prior and everyone was still waiting on approvals but I have had mine for years in a different state before moving there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
As stated, yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep SBR's and suppressors are good to go in Iowa.

I have several SBR's and I just put my first suppressor in jail
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
SBS is good to go as well.

Only NFA we do NOT have is machine guns, DD's, and AOW's.

SBR, SBS, and suppressors are good to go!
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a crying shame suppressors are NFA items here in the US.  It's a bit ironic that in the UK, where gun ownership is far more restrictive and anti's like to point to, suppressors aren't, at all.  In fact, they don't even put serial numbers on them over there and they're over-the-counter items.  At least they recognize that any monkey with a drill press can make the dang things.  That's how it should be here.  

Well, we shouldn't even have the NFA, GCA, or the ATF...but...I digress.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I’m moving to Iowa for federal employment with the FAA. Currently have a MK-18 (10.3 inch barrel) and can’t find a solid answer on google as to if Iowa allows SBRs for civilians. Can any IA residents provide insight on CURRENT SBR law? Thank you!
View Quote

Yes, SBR in Iowa is legal.

Check out https://iowafc.org/ they are the reason we have SBS, SBR, Suppressors, and Constitutional Carry in Iowa.  All volunteer and getting the 2A job done in Iowa.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a crying shame suppressors are NFA items here in the US.  It's a bit ironic that in the UK, where gun ownership is far more restrictive and anti's like to point to, suppressors aren't, at all.  In fact, they don't even put serial numbers on them over there and they're over-the-counter items.  At least they recognize that any monkey with a drill press can make the dang things.  That's how it should be here.  

Well, we shouldn't even have the NFA, GCA, or the ATF...but...I digress.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top