Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2018 4:30:05 AM EDT
What's ideal?

Typically shoot with brass catcher bc I'm tacticool like that.

But I removed it for one shot and looked like 4-4:30 pattern.

This is with a 300 BLK, subsonic and suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
If it clears the ejection port, it’s good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
4:00-4:30 is gtg. Bet it won't cycle unsuppressed though (shooting subsonic loads - which is no issue.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
4:00-4:30 is gtg. Bet it won't cycle unsuppressed though (shooting subsonic loads - which is no issue.)
View Quote
I know when I got it zeroed at the range, I ran without the suppressor for a little bit with subsonics.  No issue cycling.  But this wasn't many rounds.  Maybe 40-80 rds.  No clue as to where the ejection pattern is at since they require semi auto to have a brass catcher or net of some sort.

That was with a new gun running really wet.  Not sure how it'll handle getting a little bit dirty afterwards.

Speaking of which, I am amazed by how damn dirty everything gets when using the suppressor, LOL.  Saw oil seeping between the upper/lower.  Some residue got on my face too from shouldering.  Lower is filthy.

I was very tempted to just dunk the separated receivers into a bucket of water to rinse out then use compress air to clean it all out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I also get 4-4:30 ejection with subs and supers unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know when I got it zeroed at the range, I ran without the suppressor for a little bit with subsonics.  No issue cycling.  But this wasn't many rounds.  Maybe 40-80 rds.  No clue as to where the ejection pattern is at since they require semi auto to have a brass catcher or net of some sort.

That was with a new gun running really wet.  Not sure how it'll handle getting a little bit dirty afterwards.

Speaking of which, I am amazed by how damn dirty everything gets when using the suppressor, LOL.  Saw oil seeping between the upper/lower.  Some residue got on my face too from shouldering.  Lower is filthy.

I was very tempted to just dunk the separated receivers into a bucket of water to rinse out then use compress air to clean it all out.
View Quote
I am surprised it cycles unsuppressed with subsonic ammo. My 10.5" with non adjustable gas block would not, at least that I recall. Certainly not dry and/or dirty.

Yes, suppressors make things dirty. If your upper is wet when you shoot it will wipe pretty clean if you don't leave it too long, same with the BCG. I find it easier to do quick cleans after shooting that get most of the crud than wait to do a total clean after shooting several times. I still have to do a thorough cleaning once in awhile though.

I've never had my lowers get too dirty.

Magazines get dirty...

I wouldn't use water to clean the lower since it won't help much with oiled or greased steel parts. Regular Hoppes works fine for the upper if more than a wipe down and re-lube is needed, sometimes with a toothbrush.

JPK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top