Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2021 11:26:19 AM EDT
Just curious what most folks here do? I’m vaguely familiar with “constructive intent”. Anyone have any “official” sources on this? Going to be SBR’ing a HK Sp5k pdw and the stocks are not always easy to find.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Build your rifle. Don't lose any sleep over it. If you're that worried, buy the stock after you get your stamp.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Build your rifle. Don't lose any sleep over it. If you're that worried, buy the stock after you get your stamp.

View Quote

Yeah that’s what I probably will do. Just curious what other people have done in the past.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're worried about it, buy the stock and have it delivered to a buddy's house and let him hold onto it for you for a month till your form1 comes back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just curious what most folks here do? I’m vaguely familiar with “constructive intent”. Anyone have any “official” sources on this? Going to be SBR’ing a HK Sp5k pdw and the stocks are not always easy to find.
View Quote

No such thing.
The term is "constructive possession", ie you have the parts to construct an SBR in your possession. If you have a legal means to use this new stock, go ahead and buy.
The "official" sources are at atf.gov, explained in ATF Ruling 2011-4 See the last paragraph of pg2 and all of pg3.

NFA AND CONSTRUCTIVE POSSESSION: MYTH OR REALITY?

You could always have a friend or relative hold the stock until you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who would know?  Does the man regularly check out your safe?

I carried and fired a rifle that was an inch too short for months before I found out.  I said a couple Hail Marys and sold the barrel.

No dogs were shot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I simply ordered my stock and left it sealed up while waiting on approval.  No boogie man ever showed up to stomp my dog.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Aside from doing something stupid with it, there will be no issue.  

A very small concern of mine is using the gun in a self defense and having it scrutinized.

A very small but possible error on my part.  Very small.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just curious what most folks here do? I'm vaguely familiar with "constructive intent". Anyone have any "official" sources on this? Going to be SBR'ing a HK Sp5k pdw and the stocks are not always easy to find.
View Quote
Yes, I'd love to see some documentation on this...

I've always thought this sounded like some ARFcom Hall Monitor BS only slightly worse that calling Dupe..  

If it is legit, its the one of the dumbest things, in a long list of dumb things the ATF has put fourth.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, I'd love to see some documentation on this...

I've always thought this sounded like some ARFcom Hall Monitor BS only slightly worse that calling Dupe..  

If it is legit, its the one of the dumbest things, in a long list of dumb things the ATF has put fourth.

View Quote

I posted it above.
And ATF has fuck all to do with the concept of  constructive possession.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who would know?  Does the man regularly check out your safe?

I carried and fired a rifle that was an inch too short for months before I found out.  I said a couple Hail Marys and sold the barrel.

No dogs were shot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
If you paid for your stamp and are waiting on the Gov to do their job, how much "illegal intent" are they going to nail on you?

Just don't assemble and use it as an SBR until official.

Disclaimer...proceed at your own risk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top