Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2018 5:46:35 PM EDT
So I'm waiting on a stamp submitted through the Silencer Shop back in Oct/Nov.  Its a Spikes Spartan lower.  Work has decided that the lower is "offensive" so I won't be able to use it once approved.  Is there anyway to amend or change my current lower submission with the ATF or do I have to start all over again?  Thanks for any answers...
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I'm waiting on a stamp submitted through the Silencer Shop back in Oct/Nov.  Its a Spikes Spartan lower.  Work has decided that the lower is "offensive" so I won't be able to use it once approved.  Is there anyway to amend or change my current lower submission with the ATF or do I have to start all over again?  Thanks for any answers...
View Quote
F1 or F4?

You can contact your examiner at the ATF and ask to be allowed to amend the application, but don't be surprised if they won't let you make such big changes, especially if it's an F4 for an existing SBR to attempt to swap it for another SBR entirely.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a Form 1.  I'll try to find the correct number.  Thank you
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was a Form 1.  I'll try to find the correct number.  Thank you
View Quote
(304) 616-4500
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
is there issue with the safety selector markings?   you could have them milled away and replaced with conventional markings if time is really important...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
is there issue with the safety selector markings?   you could have them milled away and replaced with conventional markings if time is really important...
View Quote
That's exactly the issue!  Any idea where I could have that done?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

(304) 616-4500
View Quote
Awesome.  Thank you very much
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

THSF could probably do it. As could ncengravers, but I'm not sure he has an FFL in order to receive it.
View Quote
I'm in central Texas.  I'll look into both of those options.  Off to google...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just shot THSF a text to ask for you.

You'll see examples on ncengravers.com and know he can, just don't think you can ship it to him.
View Quote
I assume this guy is close to you?  Thank you for sending the message
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cover it with tape until you find a less ridiculous outfit to work for.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
The obvious solution is to get a binary trigger.

Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Could you send the receiver to Spikes to be demilled and a new receiver made/serialized to match what your form says?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The obvious solution is to get a binary trigger.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MG_7760-660x440.jpg
View Quote
I like that idea!

THSF did my sbr engraving. It turned out great. If you are set on getting it re-engraved they do great work.

For the price of “fixing” it, you could sbr another lower. This is what I would try to do. Just keep the first stamp and submit another.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't they just engrave some lines through it or a square or something?
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#18]
It seems as though it would be more cost effective to just start over with a different lower.  That's the route I'm going to take.  Thanks for all the suggestions and responses
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I would clean and fill the nonessential but unwanted areas with JB or other epoxy; smooth it carefully, and recoat it with cerakote.   Markings gone.  Not much different than automotive body work.

I did this on a couple of 1911s that were badly disfigured by a heavy handed electro-pencil while in custody; several years later, they're still going strong.

By offensive at "work", I'm guessing this is a duty gun for some LE job?
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would clean and fill the nonessential but unwanted areas with JB or other epoxy; smooth it carefully, and recoat it with cerakote.   Markings gone.  Not much different than automotive body work.

I did this on a couple of 1911s that were badly disfigured by a heavy handed electro-pencil while in custody; several years later, they're still going strong.

By offensive at "work", I'm guessing this is a duty gun for some LE job?
View Quote
You are correct sir.  The rules changed after I had already submitted the paperwork to SBR it unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top