Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2018 11:45:49 AM EDT
How do you guys run power into your Sturdy through the electrical hole so you can power a dehumidifier and lights? Only thing I can think of is to cut the plug off a power strip (leaving a few inches of cord), run the cord through the hole in the safe, then splice the plug back onto the cord and heat shrink it. Does anyone know of a power strip with a removable plug similar to what comes with a Goldenrod? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/11/2018 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How do you guys run power into your Sturdy through the electrical hole so you can power a dehumidifier and lights? Only thing I can think of is to cut the plug off a power strip (leaving a few inches of cord), run the cord through the hole in the safe, then splice the plug back onto the cord and heat shrink it. Does anyone know of a power strip with a removable plug similar to what comes with a Goldenrod? Thanks.
View Quote
That's exactly what I had to do with my Amsec TL. It has a 1/4" hole in the back. Only cord I could find that would fit was from a  computer power supply.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I reamed the hole(s) out a little bit to fit both the led lights and goldenrod wiring thru it. Plugged both into a powerstrip.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I can’t believe that people don’t know that you can drill a hole in a steel safe.

ETA: I can’t believe that people don’t know how to put a wire through a hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top