Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:00:40 PM EDT
I have a KAC 11.5” CQB. I’m going to mount a MAWL to it but I have to push it pretty far out to the end of the rail for it to be comfortable. Running a Surefire WAR COMP and the emitter is right on top of the ports. Will this be an issue? I definitely don’t want to FUBAR a $2500 laser. Waiting for the can to clear, once it does it will be a non issue but I’m taking a high round count class next week.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Explain more about the comfortable part - where is it mounted on the hand guard?  Sitting on top of the muzzle device ports is definitely a no go and even with a suppressor the heat will melt the plastic housing. Mount it further back on the top rail in front of your optic and implement a forward grip.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Surefire Scout Light mounted just behind the ports of a Surefire muzzle break on my SBR. The muzzle blast completely destroyed the head of the Scout, even with it being behind the ports. I would most definitely advise against putting a MAWL anywhere near the muzzle. I don't have a MAWL (yet), but maybe you could mount it on the side and back a little further and use a TAPS switch to activate it up top?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a Surefire Scout Light mounted just behind the ports of a Surefire muzzle break on my SBR. The muzzle blast completely destroyed the head of the Scout, even with it being behind the ports. I would most definitely advise against putting a MAWL anywhere near the muzzle. I don't have a MAWL (yet), but maybe you could mount it on the side and back a little further and use a TAPS switch to activate it up top?
View Quote
This is the reason I opted for a SF break with a Warden.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to run it there I'd definitely get a warden until the can clears.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the warden.  It's worth the cost as "insurance".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top