Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/6/2018 9:00:40 PM EDT
I have a KAC 11.5” CQB. I’m going to mount a MAWL to it but I have to push it pretty far out to the end of the rail for it to be comfortable. Running a Surefire WAR COMP and the emitter is right on top of the ports. Will this be an issue? I definitely don’t want to FUBAR a $2500 laser. Waiting for the can to clear, once it does it will be a non issue but I’m taking a high round count class next week.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:13:32 PM EDT
Explain more about the comfortable part - where is it mounted on the hand guard? Sitting on top of the muzzle device ports is definitely a no go and even with a suppressor the heat will melt the plastic housing. Mount it further back on the top rail in front of your optic and implement a forward grip.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:37:40 PM EDT
I had a Surefire Scout Light mounted just behind the ports of a Surefire muzzle break on my SBR. The muzzle blast completely destroyed the head of the Scout, even with it being behind the ports. I would most definitely advise against putting a MAWL anywhere near the muzzle. I don't have a MAWL (yet), but maybe you could mount it on the side and back a little further and use a TAPS switch to activate it up top?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:09:30 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By enasty7:
I had a Surefire Scout Light mounted just behind the ports of a Surefire muzzle break on my SBR. The muzzle blast completely destroyed the head of the Scout, even with it being behind the ports. I would most definitely advise against putting a MAWL anywhere near the muzzle. I don't have a MAWL (yet), but maybe you could mount it on the side and back a little further and use a TAPS switch to activate it up top?
View Quote
This is the reason I opted for a SF break with a Warden.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:00:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:28:42 PM EDT
If you want to run it there I'd definitely get a warden until the can clears.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 4:04:09 PM EDT
Get the warden. It's worth the cost as "insurance".
Top Top