Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Illustrates the problem well.    Also hard to use a 1 inch mount with the length of the light
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207838/image-456403.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207838/image-456404.JPG

My TLR3 fits, but the 1 is obstructed by the edge of the hand guard in front of the swivel. This is using the Glock rail adapter.
View Quote
Thanks for posting this! Was hoping the 3 would fit at least...
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had mine for a week and finally got to shoot it today. I swapped the bolt handle to the left side and mag release to the right. When you swap the mag release to the right, you have to use Glock gen 4 mags. I have all gen 3 Glocks, but luckily I had some new gen 4 mags stowed away.
The carbine is heavier than it looks, but isn’t heavy by any means. It reminds me a lot of the 10/22 so I guess I was anticipating 10/22 weight. I added one spacer to the stock and it felt about right for my monkey arms. The recoil was a little more than I expected, but not bad at all. I ran Wolf, Selllier & Bellot, and Speer Gold Dot +p+ using factory Glock gen 4 19, pmag 19, and factory gen 4 Glock 18 mags. It ran all mags and digested all ammo without a hiccup. Two anomalies noted were that bolt wouldn’t lock back on the 18 mags and the brass was slightly flattened ever so slightly on one side. The steel cases were barely noticeable, but ever so slightly also.
I was shooting slightly to the right at 20 yds, with the factory setting. The sights are good, but I’ll probably put a reflex sight on it to experiment. The trigger is very reminiscent of the 10/22, but better. It’s not great, but definitely much better than the 10/22. Hopefully Brimstone will be doing them soon.
This is a sweet carbine and Ruger’s design team needs a high five on this one. I would like to see a stainless and fixed barrel version in the future though, I’m down for both. Due to it’s modular design I expect to see a lot of after market stuff for it, just like the 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’ve had mine for a week and finally got to shoot it today. I swapped the bolt handle to the left side and mag release to the right. When you swap the mag release to the right, you have to use Glock gen 4 mags. I have all gen 3 Glocks, but luckily I had some new gen 4 mags stowed away.
The carbine is heavier than it looks, but isn’t heavy by any means. It reminds me a lot of the 10/22 so I guess I was anticipating 10/22 weight. I added one spacer to the stock and it felt about right for my monkey arms. The recoil was a little more than I expected, but not bad at all. I ran Wolf, Selllier & Bellot, and Speer Gold Dot +p+ using factory Glock gen 4 19, pmag 19, and factory gen 4 Glock 18 mags. It ran all mags and digested all ammo without a hiccup. Two anomalies noted were that bolt wouldn’t lock back on the 18 mags and the brass was slightly flattened ever so slightly on one side. The steel cases were barely noticeable, but ever so slightly also.
I was shooting slightly to the right at 20 yds, with the factory setting. The sights are good, but I’ll probably put a reflex sight on it to experiment. The trigger is very reminiscent of the 10/22, but better. It’s not great, but definitely much better than the 10/22. Hopefully Brimstone will be doing them soon.
This is a sweet carbine and Ruger’s design team needs a high five on this one. I would like to see a stainless and fixed barrel version in the future though, I’m down for both. Due to it’s modular design I expect to see a lot of after market stuff for it, just like the 10/22.
View Quote
Thanks for the report. Did your store have a hard time getting any in?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered mine from Whittakers, shipped to my FFL. I haven’t seen any in the wild, LGS said they couldn’t get them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I stopped in my local Cabela’s yesterday and was shocked to see they had these in stock for $549....they had 3 total and I took one with me

Attachment Attached File

View down the sights:

Attachment Attached File

Just shot it today with good hollow points, decent planking ammo, and cheap wolf ammo and it worked great with all 3. The grip texture is superb, and it feels very high quality all around. Glock 19 mag is shown inserted in the pic above...conversion was super easy. Wife shot it and feels far more comfortable with this than any other home defense gun I’ve had her shoot.

Ruger really hit a home run here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I've not seen any of these locally, just a few scattered on the internet.

Is Ruger producing them in quantity at this point? You would think with the favorable press and reviews they would be shipping the heck out of them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
They're already @ the gun shows - over $600, but they're there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't wait to get mine.

And holy hell the Magpul possibilities if they do this one too

Can you imagine.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  Can't wait to get mine.

And holy hell the Magpul possibilities if they do this one too

Can you imagine.....
View Quote
More interested in the HighTower Armory bullpup possibilities.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

More interested in the HighTower Armory bullpup possibilities.
View Quote
Takedown bullpup?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Takedown bullpup?
View Quote
Would make the usual sucky bullpup trigger even worse unless you went electric, but would be an easy to store truck gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d be interested in a m-lok fore end only. Does that handguard detach from the barrel?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes The handguard is bolted from the bottom
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m on the list at my local dealer for one. He said he has 10 on order and I’m 4th on the list. I’m really excited about getting as it’s a lot different than any other firearm I have. And so the wait continues.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I really love this gun, but I find myself wondering if the heavy use of Allen screws might be a mistake. The tiny screw for windage adjustment has ALREADY stripped on me. This being after I was already concerned & quite carful, using the tiny Allen wrench that came in the box (one of 3 sizes...), and after only 3-4 adjustments
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really love this gun, but I find myself wondering if the heavy use of Allen screws might be a mistake. The tiny screw for windage adjustment has ALREADY stripped on me. This being after I was already concerned & quite carful, using the tiny Allen wrench that came in the box (one of 3 sizes...), and after only 3-4 adjustments
View Quote
My dad tried to rest my PCC next to a chair and the rifle fell over. The rear sight went flying.  I think I was able to oit back on correctly. Needless to say, this gun is for plinking for the time being. Hopefully I will upgrade to a Magpul backpacker stock and a Tactical Solutions lightweight barrel someday.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The AR platform is not the end all be all of firearms. All you people posting this shit are fucking morons.
View Quote
"A touch indelicate, but fair!"

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if a Tech Site for a 10/22 will fit? I want to increase the sight radius if possible
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder if a Tech Site for a 10/22 will fit? I want to increase the sight radius if possible
View Quote
I assume you’re talking rear sight. Don’t they mount to the receiver? Doesn’t this thing have a integral rail?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the rail will raise the rear sight too high.  I know an AR rear sight is too high
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe use a CZ Scorpion sight?  Like you can withe the Ares SCR
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I asked Tech Sight and got this reply:

"I did see that Ruger is making the PC9.  We have been hearing from customers who would like a receiver mounted sight for it.  I need to get my hands on one so we can try to figure out a design that will fit.
Thanks for your email.  Check our website from time to time in case we have a PC9 sight in the future.  
Sincerely,
Erik Nesseth"
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Any sign that stores will be receiving quantities soon?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Kentucky Gun Co

$509 free shipping
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any sign that stores will be receiving quantities soon?
View Quote
I picked one up from Cabela's a few days ago. $549.99 plus tax, which, while not a GREAT price wasn't too rapacious for Cabela's and I got instant gratification.  It was the last one they had.  I think they had only received two or three, but they're hitting the market. Keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kentucky Gun Co

$509 free shipping
View Quote
+1 just ordered mine yesterday.  Cabelas had three - they sold in 3 days
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone figure out if there is a rear sight that will work all the way back on the rail. I know the fightlite has a low profile sight like this carbine. I want a ghost ring closer . Anyone have a TWS Dogleg rear sight? Another interesting idea I saw was to use a ggg sling mount as a ghost ring
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Discovered today that mine does not like ETS mags.  It went through various loads in Glock and Magpul mags, but wouldn’t even chamber the first round with ETS.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Noticed the same with my ets 30.  I think the first round is the issue.  try downloading to 28
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine worked fine with ETS 10 and 30 rounders
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Are these things failing or breaking?
There are a few you tube videos saying they are ....

Will these take gen4/5 mags
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you link the videos with them failing?  Are you talking about the Ruger Carbine or ETS mags?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I like.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Noticed the same with my ets 30.  I think the first round is the issue.  try downloading to 28
View Quote
These were both 30-rd loaded with just 10 each.  Maybe I had both loaded with the same bullet?  My eyeball was saying 115's, but I forgot.  I'll try something heavier to see if I get the same result as well as some ETA G19 and G17 mags.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Those of you with the ETS mags, try giving them a firm pull down after you seat them.  When I use them in my AR9 there is a very distinct click sound when I pull them down and then they work perfect.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked mine up today. First impressions: a solid and well-made little rifle.  But damn, why do Ruger products all look like they were designed in Elbonia?  How about some customer surveys with a prototype somewhere beside the Ruger factory lunchroom?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
As a New York Resident I was super excited to hear about this, and left equally disappointed by the weight of the rifle  :/  .  Huge miss in my opinion.  I hope the bulk of the weight is in the stock / barrel, and hopefully the aftermarket can correct Rugers mistake.  Cannot find any info online of anyone weighing the stock individually.  Come on AR15 who wants to be first
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hickok45 has one up on his YouTube - failures to feed with Ruger and Glock mags
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Darkparadox - the rear stock weighs 24.30 oz with screws, buttpad, 1 spacer and no magazine adaptor. The Glock adaptor weighs 1.75 oz and the SR mag adaptor weighs 1.90 oz. So roughly 26 oz with the Glock adaptor in place, complete. I did not weigh the front forearm piece of the stock, but it is similar to a 10/22 takedown stock. Not a whole lot of weigh can be pared from that. The complete bolt assy is 23.70 oz and the complete barrel assy with the forearm, locking mechanism and sights attached is 36.65 oz. The barrel, stock, and bolt are relatively closely split in weight. The only way to really reduce the weight of this carbine is to change the recoil system from a blowback to a locking recoil system and to reduce the barrel to a pencil profile (or make an SBR) or make it aluminum or carbon fiber shrouded. Changing the recoil system makes for a completely different rifle-- and probably a good deal more expensive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hickok45 has one up on his YouTube - failures to feed with Ruger and Glock mags
View Quote
I have NOT seen the video, but I’m wondering if he set the takedown tightening knob thingy correctly?

I think it can have a huge impact on reliability if it’s set wrong...mine needed adjustment out of the box but has been totally reliable. The manual even tells you to set it before shooting the first time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I’ve seen a bunch of videos where people claim to have over a 1,000 rounds without a single malfunction also.

I went to a local shop looking for a car gun for the wife and he got two of these in while I was there. I snagged the PC carbine and a EC9S for $729 + tax.

A local place has had one for at least two weeks now at $549.99, I’m really surprised.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine today, $490 otd.  First impressions are that it’s heavier than it looks, seems well made.  Just manipulating the bolt, it doesn’t always lock back on a empty mag, but we’ll see how it does when I shoot it tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got mine today, $490 otd.  First impressions are that it's heavier than it looks, seems well made.  Just manipulating the bolt, it doesn't always lock back on a empty mag, but we'll see how it does when I shoot it tomorrow
View Quote
Where?

I am trying to find one to order, and all I can find is $530 for a pre order from sportsmans warehouse.  Granted I haven't checked around me, but I somehow doubt Cabelas would have it for anywhere near the order + transfer price.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Where?

I am trying to find one to order, and all I can find is $530 for a pre order from sportsmans warehouse.  Granted I haven't checked around me, but I somehow doubt Cabelas would have it for anywhere near the order + transfer price.
View Quote
I got mine at Cabelas for $549
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Where?

View Quote
mine arrived yesterday from KY GUN Co - $529 otd via my FFL....have not shot yet
edit: i see they are out of stock already
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

mine arrived yesterday from KY GUN Co - $529 otd via my FFL....have not shot yet
edit: i see they are out of stock already
View Quote
I got mine from KYGUNCO when they got their first shipment in. I think I saw where they had gotten like 79 of them on that load and they went FAST!  I had put my name on the list early and jumped when they came in. That was back some time ago. Guys at the counter said they flew out the door as fast as they could get them. I am local so I paid the $509 plus KY sales tax.  I know one of the other big shops were pre-ordering them at $490 but it was a four hour drive to go get it so the local deal was actually cheaper over-all.

Put your name on the waiting list at KYGUNCO, they get a lot of them in and they go fast. If it comes and you don't want it no problem, you don't have to take it. They just notify you they are in stock and you need to jump fast to take it.

Mine has been nearly perfect. I did have one round that failed but that was the ammo. I know it was the ammo...I had a squib round that never went up the barrel....good practice in why you pay attention if it sounds "wrong" and don't just ram another round in and shoot it. Oddly enough even though it didn't have enough power to push the bullet out it did have enough power to cycle a new round.

Anyway, I have no concerns about reliability on mine, it seems to be running quite well. Its not as light as my TNW ASR nor as heavy as a HIgh Point or JRC.  Nice little firearm for the price.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Getting mine from KY GUN Co on Tuesday. $532 delivered to my FFL including credit card fees and insurance.

Any more ideas on a soft case?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Put a Romeo 5 and TLR-1 (with angle rail mount) on mine:

Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:33:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Has anyone identified any shorter pistol lights that would fit on the rail? I.E. not the TLR?
View Quote
I could not believe that none of my lights would fit the rail.  I tried my M3, M6, and my TLR-1.
I could not believe that none would fit the rail, especially the TLR-1.
I knew there had to be a way for it to fit, I couldn't believe Ruger would mess up that bad on something as simple as a rail.
So I noticed the Glock key for the TLR pushed the light too far back as the other postings showed.
I took the Glock key out of my TLR-1 and it work to clamp on even though it had nothing in the rail slot.
Then it hit me, my TLR-1 came with different keys for different rails etc.
Turns out the key for S&W99/TSW sits back further than the Glock key which pushes the light foward with out contacting the back and no Dremeling required.
So the TLR-1 or 2 will fit the rail if you switch from the Glock key to the TSW/99 key that comes with your Streamlight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top