I want mine suppressed.
View Quote
I want mine integral.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If that ever comes to market I will probably own it
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, now that is cool. I would buy one just for fun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I like it. Wish their was a photo of it put together.

Im sure magpul will be along by this time next year with a stock that looks cool.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Want.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Would FO as soon as for sale.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Please let this show up at SHOT...
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, now that is cool. I would buy one just for fun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im sure magpul will be along by this time next year with a stock that looks cool.
View Quote
It will look like something.  Not cool, but.... Something.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]
looks like its built for california
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
looks like its built for california
View Quote
Definitely CA friendly, but I'm sure the potential of integrally suppressed will appeal to the free states.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn I'm fucking buying that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If that ever comes to market I will probably own it
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like the old Camp 9, there's some potential.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From the GD thread.
Quoted:
So, did the value of my old PC9 just take a nosedive??

And here's to hoping someone will make those damn buttstock mag pouches again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks ok, hopefully it will sell better than the pc9. Looks like it can take a red dot and light.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I want one Ruger !!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

From the GD thread.

And here's to hoping someone will make those damn buttstock mag pouches again.
View Quote
Where is this thread? Could you link me?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Definitely will be looking for this at shot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#25]
If this is real, then Ruger will make some serious money.

Ruger seems to be one of the only manufacturers in-tune with the market.

Thank god that they abandoned the ideals of Bill Ruger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Want, badly.
If they make 5rd mags it’ll even be NYC legal.

I emailed Ruger about any plans to bring back the PC series or make a takedown version of the 77/357 about 6 months ago. They said there were no plans at the time (liars).
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#28]
PC9 back from the dead!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#29]
That thing is hideous!

Besides; what useful thing does it do that an AR in 9mm won’t?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Will buy more than one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That thing is hideous!

View Quote
Point naturally and utilize sights that aren’t 3” over the bore.

Smaller profile

Hopefully not utilize a goofy buffer system that is overly big heavyrestrictive for aftermarket stocks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That thing is hideous!

View Quote
I’m assuming there would eventually be a wooden stock available for these.
The most useful thing it can do in ban states is be legal.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks... interesting.

Straight up- this thing will NOT HANG with any of the ubiquitous rebranded NFA lowers with different cartoons on the side. Guaranteed.

A few observations:

1) What exactly is the point of this whole "Takedown Craze." Is it really just all about that FAL vs. G3 scene from "The Replacement Killers?" What's the point of breaking something in half and exposing the internals when one half of the half is just a dumb stock with nothing in it???

2) Why is the sight radius so incredibly short? Are we supposed to wait for someone to invent an M1 Carbine style protected aperture and then knock out the silly open rear from it's dovetail? Will it come with a dovetail protector? Does Ruger need someone to send pics of an M1 Carbine sight?

3) Why are the 2 magwells for Glock and M&P? Are we really going to carry on the continued flop of the S&W M&P into 2018, or can it just be discontinued already? Is there another Magpul video in the works that I don't know about that will make gooftards buy them? (This is really a question to S&W and Magpul)

How it can be saved:

1) Do it up like a steampunk M1 Carbine and put an M1A1 folder on it, offer it with a black walnut stock with a slot for the oiler and a canvas sling. Ditch the goofy "takedown" thing before one of these backpack-maniac EDC guys hops up on his SSRIs and takes one to a crowded venue for target practice.

2) M1 Carbine style protected aperture, or a cleverly designed, receiver mounted, low pro fold down sight.

3) Magwells in priority order (with LRBHO where appropriate)- GLOCK, Colt SMG, MP5, Uzi, Scorpion, Suomi (make the mag well adapter more substantial to accommodate drum cuts)

4) Next variants- "Modern" model with machined in 3-lug mount. Bolt action model for no action noise (maybe do this one first, or only...), make it take the same mag well adapters.

I wanna get on the hype train with you guys, but this thing has as much "flop" written all over it as the PC-9... and that didn't have to compete with the Scorpion, license-built MP5s, or all the 9mm ARs of today...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I like take down guns. Why? I dont know, I just think they are neat.

Now the sights on this thing do look pretty bad the more I look at it. I wish they would do it like some of the 10/22td models and just give it a pic rail and smooth contour barrel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Sortofwant.gif
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
The sights are an afterthought.

Red dot is the way to fly anyhoo and the integrated rail should be GTG for that as long as the barrel attachment method has close tolerances.

Then again, shooters of PCCs are usually happy with "accurate enough".
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#37]
 3) Why are the 2 magwells for Glock and M&P? Are we really going to carry on the continued flop of the S&W M&P into 2018, or can it just be discontinued already? Is there another Magpul video in the works that I don't know about that will make gooftards buy them? (This is really a question to S&W and Magpul)  
View Quote
Where did you get the M&P magwell? According to the article, it'll be Ruger Security 9/SR9 out of the box with Glock 9mm magwells as an option. I'd like to see Ruger P-series and Beretta 92 options as well (mainly because I have a crap load of those).
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Based on the pics, it looks like it has an interchangeable magwell. If Ruger is going to offer other options than Glock they may have something.

Seems like Ruger has other 9mm double stack pistols on the market, so why not a magwell that runs their own mags?

I've got a Ruger charger takedown pistol, and while the repeatability is 'OK', I kinda wished they would have just put the optics rail on the barrel instead of the receiver, or both. I find I really don't take it down that much, so it's not an issue. The takedown in a longer barrel makes more sense.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  Looks... interesting.

Straight up- this thing will NOT HANG with any of the ubiquitous rebranded NFA lowers with different cartoons on the side. Guaranteed.

A few observations:

1) What exactly is the point of this whole "Takedown Craze." Is it really just all about that FAL vs. G3 scene from "The Replacement Killers?" What's the point of breaking something in half and exposing the internals when one half of the half is just a dumb stock with nothing in it???

2) Why is the sight radius so incredibly short? Are we supposed to wait for someone to invent an M1 Carbine style protected aperture and then knock out the silly open rear from it's dovetail? Will it come with a dovetail protector? Does Ruger need someone to send pics of an M1 Carbine sight?

How it can be saved:

1) Do it up like a steampunk M1 Carbine and put an M1A1 folder on it, offer it with a black walnut stock with a slot for the oiler and a canvas sling. Ditch the goofy "takedown" thing before one of these backpack-maniac EDC guys hops up on his SSRIs and takes one to a crowded venue for target practice.

2) M1 Carbine style protected aperture, or a cleverly designed, receiver mounted, low pro fold down sight.

3) Magwells in priority order (with LRBHO where appropriate)- GLOCK, Colt SMG, MP5, Uzi, Scorpion, Suomi (make the mag well adapter more substantial to accommodate drum cuts)

4) Next variants- "Modern" model with machined in 3-lug mount. Bolt action model for no action noise (maybe do this one first, or only...), make it take the same mag well adapters.

I wanna get on the hype train with you guys, but this thing has as much "flop" written all over it as the PC-9... and that didn't have to compete with the Scorpion, license-built MP5s, or all the 9mm ARs of today...
View Quote
1 - it makes changing calibers/bbl lengths/to an integral suppressor very easy if the firearm doesn't have a 2 receiver design like the AR.
2 - B/c the sights are zeroed to the bbl, which is removable.  So you can take it off & put it back down as many times as you like w/o worrying about your zero.  The aftermarket will take care of the receiver sights.
3 -  The two magwells are for Glock & RUGER.

1- Aftermarket.  Your folding stock version will still fit in a backpack - just like an ordinary AR.
2 - Aftermarket.
3 - Glock magwell is already pictured.  Not clear if the bolt could feed from a double-stack, but would be neat if Ruger designed it that way.  If Ruger left enough room in the magwell, expect to see aftermarket magwell adapters.
4  - That's the beauty of the takedown feature that you hate so much - aftermarket can supply you w/ a 3-lug mount bbl - or an integrally suppressed one, as is already available for the takedown 10/22.  Bolt action model will be an entirely different action, probably on the American - suppressor customers are a very small part of the overall firearms market, and aren't even allowed in California, where this is targeted @.  Would be slick if the bolt action model took the same bbls - you could move your integrally suppressed bbl btwn actions.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Where did you get the M&P magwell? According to the article, it'll be Ruger Security 9/SR9...
View Quote
What the heck is a Ruger Security 9/SR9??

It looked to me like the mags the old M&P used to take. Doesn't matter, since those guns were junk too, unless you replaced all the internals AND the barrel.

See... this thing is already looking like a total flop.

Two more ideas that I wouldn't buy, but might generate some appeal to the masses:

1) Run a velcro strap through the stock and call it a "Braced Pistol." Offer it with an 8" 3-lug barrel.

2) Offer it with a full stock, 8" 3-lug barrel, and once of those goofy cages to get it to 16".
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Like I mentioned in the other thread..... hope they do one in 40cal. Got a butt ton of ammo and a large box of 40 cal Glock mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#43]
It needs to be .40 S&W too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's up on Ruger's website.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
View Quote
00:26 that fixed ejector looks weak as hell... hopefully they make a hard case to store the spare mag wells in, otherwise that thing looks like it would bump into my foam earplugs and get bent.

Seriously... is that made out of a coat hanger?

God... it's looking worse and worse...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Guess it's too late to cash in on mine as well

1/2 x 28 thread?!?! On a 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Guess it's too late to cash in on mine as well
View Quote
Yeah, and I have one of the "Rare" 1st gen Ghost Rings.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It looked to me like the mags the old M&P used to take. Doesn't matter, since those guns were junk too, unless you replaced all the internals AND the barrel.

Two more ideas that I wouldn't buy, but might generate some appeal to the masses:

1) Run a velcro strap through the stock and call it a "Braced Pistol." Offer it with an 8" 3-lug barrel.

2) Offer it with a full stock, 8" 3-lug barrel, and once of those goofy cages to get it to 16".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you get the M&P magwell? According to the article, it'll be Ruger Security 9/SR9...

What is your definition of a flop? I think it will probably sell well and would be willing to wager.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:  00:26 that fixed ejector looks weak as hell... hopefully they make a hard case to store the spare mag wells in, otherwise that thing looks like it would bump into my foam earplugs and get bent.

Seriously... is that made out of a coat hanger?

God... it's looking worse and worse...
View Quote
We get it, you have a suppressor that takes a 3 lug mount, and you hate traditional hunting stocks and never travel to California.  Are you even listening to what you're saying?  An ejector that knocks out 9x19mm cases in a blowback action, and you think it's weak and might break when it's out of the gun?  Are you familiar w/ how a mass-delayed blowback action works?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Those are 9mm pistols that Ruger manufactures.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I might buy one once the hullabaloo dies down about it.

No, wait.  It is a Ruger.

I might buy one once they have two product recalls under their belts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top