Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
JFC, Some people. Ruger make some of the most popular rifles and are knocking it out of the park now with their predators and RPR line. They get mag length (at least in short actions) and twist rate right while other manufacturers are in the Stone Age.

Mags fail all the time. Fix it and move on or if you can’t toss it in the trash. I’ve had $80 AICs mags not feed right out of the box and had to tweak them to feed correctly no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger 10-22 is very popular because it was CHEAP and aftermarket parts are plentiful.   It didn’t become so widespread because of quality
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Rotary 10/22 mags can be finicky and sometimes you can end up with a Lemon Mag... shit happens.

That said if Ruger actually test fired with the mag that went in box OP etc would be complaining that Ruger is a Idiot for shipping dirty mag with rifle .
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It can be frustrating when something new doesn't work flawlessly.  I have a Mini-14 that jammed constantly, I sent it back to Ruger and they made it right quick and threw in a spare fitted bolt at no charge.  I was pretty unhappy having to send it back, but their customer service was truly excellent.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody notify the shareholders, Ruger is done for.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I would of just grabbed another magazine or took apart the one you had which seems to have fixed it. You should write Ruger and tell them about it...
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Whenever I buy a new firearm, I clean it thoroughly and lube it before firing.  I've only run into problems when I haven't performed a cleaning.

I sort of wonder if the issue (at least in my case) was related to whatever the manufacturer uses as a moisture inhibitor, and if might cause an ejection failure due to a sticky chamber or it's not as viscous as a standard gun oil.  I'm referring to a light film or spray of preservative, not a dipping of cosmoline.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the only weakness in the entire link for 22LR is the magazine.  The actual cartridge itself is a distant second.

OP, I understand your frustration, but you really did get off easy, I've spent MONTHS trying to figure out 22LR magazines for Sigs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I was a little worried this might have happened the first time I took my son shooting.  It didn’t.

I took a bolt action.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
How can something mass produced not work correctly 100% of the time?

LOL
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
lot of good advise in this thread, hope the op reads it!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After reading posts like this, and there are a lot of them.  I have come to the conclusion that there are some folks that I just would not want as a customer!  I remember a post where a guy shot ONE round and didn't like the accuracy and was having a hissy fit!  Here is a guy with one malfunctioning mag and wants to throw Ruger under the bus!
No pleasing some folks!
View Quote
I know, right!  How dare paying customers forking over had earned money expect the product to work as it should out of the box....
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know, right!  How dare paying customers forking over had earned money expect the product to work as it should out of the box....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After reading posts like this, and there are a lot of them.  I have come to the conclusion that there are some folks that I just would not want as a customer!  I remember a post where a guy shot ONE round and didn't like the accuracy and was having a hissy fit!  Here is a guy with one malfunctioning mag and wants to throw Ruger under the bus!
No pleasing some folks!
Everyone expects stuff to work that’s not the issue here. The reality is that stuff doesn’t work sometimes and how you conduct yourself in those moments is very telling whether you’re the customer, the dealer, or the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Listen man I am really trying to be nice because this is in the tech forums.

You make it sound like not even one failure is acceptable simply because they’ve been making them forever. That is just not the real world. Not at almost any level of production manufacturing.
View Quote
Lots of people in here who accept garbage.

Gee. Wonder why America is going down the tubes.

You’re trying to be nice?  You’re part of the problem.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It appears there is no talking sense to this guy... he is being a titty baby and nothing we say will make him happy, the only thing he is accomplishing is raising his son to be like him. I know its harsh but im just saying what everyone else is thinking. Sometimes the truth hurts. Get over it, man the F up!
View Quote
Damn those people who expect stuff they buy to work right!  

I’ll bet every single person in this thread has cried like a girl over something similar at one point in their life.

OP, don’t listen to these millennials. Too many people allow garbage so that’s what companies put out.

It’s the same thing as not calling out rude and selfish behavior in public. The rude people think they can get away with acting like that because no one calls them out.  Same shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Malfunctions happen, Ruger isn’t what it used to be, and OP needs more mags.
View Quote
thats a good thing, imo

they build some cool stuff right now and keep cranking em out
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Fine', nothing more to be said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top