Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 11:55:58 AM EDT
Was looking at Scout Rifles on Gb and one of the listings said Ruger was dropping the LH version, is this true or just a scare tactic? I looked on their website and they still list the LH version but only with the stainless barrel and not the  blued like in the GB listing. The one for sale was already bid up to almost MSRP and it was a slightly used gun.

I've thought about buying one in the past and always kept putting it off because the expensive mags were kind of a turn off for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The GSR barrel profile works.  Meat where it's needed and lighter up front. The ones I've used are very accurate, sub-MOA. They shoot well, hot or cold.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, but I really wish they made one in .338 Federal, or I could get my existing one rebarreled reasonably.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The GSR barrel profile works.  Meat where it's needed and lighter up front. The ones I've used are very accurate, sub-MOA. They shoot well, hot or cold.
View Quote

Your post isn't helping me, I'm trying to thin down the herd.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your post isn't helping me, I'm trying to thin down the herd.
View Quote
My Scout is about an MOA rifle.  It doesn't excel at anything, but is good enough that I don't feel any need to buy rifles to go from "good" to "excellent" for any of the roles it fills.  It has helped me preemptively thin the herd by not buying a quantity of more niche rifles.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My 5.56 SS GSR is damn near flawless in function as well as form.  Got a Sig Romeo5 on it and 2-250m is easy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I am also considering a Ruger Scout rifle.  I really like the looks of the Lipsey's version with the walnut stock.  However, also like the practicality and lighter weight of the composite stock models.

What .308 mags do you guys prefer, polymer or steel?  Is either one more reliable than the other?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am also considering a Ruger Scout rifle.  I really like the looks of the Lipsey's version with the walnut stock.  However, also like the practicality and lighter weight of the composite stock models.

What .308 mags do you guys prefer, polymer or steel?  Is either one more reliable than the other?
View Quote
I prefer the polymer, because the steel ones can be sharp at in opportune times (like loading in the cold, or slung while hunting).  I have an earlier generation of Ruger polymer mags that is more waffle pattern (as opposed to some of their current ones that seem to be an extension of the Precision rifle's magwell), and also some Magpul PMAGs.  I don't have a preference between them yet, but the Magpul certainly looks a little bit neater, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top