Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2021 1:25:56 PM EDT
Ruger Link

Did a search and found no posts about this.  Anyone have any first hand use knowledge?  I currently have a couple different 22 cans I use on my takedown, but this would save on OAL.

Silencer Shop link

I hope this good to go in this forum, if not could Mods slide it to where appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a thread a couple years ago or when ever those came out. Seems a lot of people thought it was heavy vs a can.
My 10/22 is not a take down, I put a TacSol 12" barrel with a 4" shroud and a tradition can.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hit me up later if I don't reply by this weekend with my impressions after use - I just picked mine up and will take it out shooting this weekend.

It is heavier than most other options - the bull barrel section appears to be solid steel - but it's very solid and feels good in the hand just handling it. I really like how it feels. But if I were trying to have a lightweight backpacking gun, this wouldn't be it - I'd pop the lightweight threaded factory barrel and a muzzle can on, or go the aftermarket barrel with attached cage route - but I'd make sure that would clear the stock when attached for storage as the Ruger ISB does not. The ISB does have a 16.18" barrel with the integral 6"+ larger-volume suppressor, so it's shorter than most non-SBRs with muzzle cans and looks neat and finished as compared to a muzzle can inside a cage as the other poster went with. If it were my only .22 suppressor, I'd also recommend a muzzle can, but this is cool for a dedicated integral one.

Also look in the suppressed section for my reply I just posted about the Magpul Takedown Optics mount - it will fit on the ISB just fine, but it appears to interfere with the internal channel of the stock (both the Backpacker and the one that came with the ISB) - a couple of passes with a utility knife cleared the interference. Also - the Backpacker fore end leaves a large gap between the front of the fore end and the rear of the suppressed section, so I kept the original ISB fore end on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I sighted it in with a couple of different optics yesterday. Verdict - it rocks!

Had a few friends with me - all of whom are also into suppressors - and they all felt this was exceptionally quiet. As a spectator, the action sound was the only apparent sound shooting until the bullet impacted the berm. As a shooter, there was a little noise apparent by my shooting ear, but still quite quiet. And this was under a covered shooting lane, so suppressors sound louder there than in the open.

So, if you're after shortest OAL without an SBR and like the looks or the coolness of a factory suppressor, this is an absolute winner. If you're after lightweight, the ~9" steel bull barrel section doesn't let that happen, so I'd look elsewhere. And if you didn't already have a muzzle can, I'd probably recommend one of those instead as others have. But as a dedicated can that feels really good in the hand and shoots accurately (consistently kept <1/4" groups at 25yds with CCI SV and a red dot on the Magpul barrel mount or a 1x thermal on the receiver mount) I'm happy I got it. I'd have to mount a magnified optic to see just how well it can shoot, but I'm happy with how it did with no magnification and my eyes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the review.   It sounds tempting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
The son and I ordered ours from Silencer Shop. He picked his up last week. It is not a light weight but it sure is quiet. Just be aware that standard or subsonic ammo is required. Bulk pack goes supersonic and the crack is loud by comparison. I don't recommend it as a first suppressor the muzzle cans are more versatile. As mentioned above it is really good with subs. The only thing I wish it had is fixed sights. In my opinion that would make it perfect. Adding an optic makes it a little less compact. I'm old school and prefer open sights on a 22 RF carbine but most want a red dot or glass. So there is that.

The new Ruger take down 10/22s come with a shoulder type bag not the back pack of before. It looks like there is room enough to add the suppressed barrel to the bag and have everything in one place. I think Ruger has a winner. If 22 ammo ever gets normal a binary trigger would be nice with the BX-25 magazines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top