Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 7:35:22 PM EDT
Looking for comp/brake recommendations for the .308 version also how are women fairing with this rifle?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
KVP Linear compensator

Is what I put on mine for several reasons. One being it is intended to travel N.America without issues to include Canada. I am already working on deaf and don't want to make it worse. It works well I cant tell any difference in recoil from the device that came oem, and it definitely does a good job of directing blast downrange.

I can't help you with the woman part, but if she is recoil sensitive, there are several light hunting loads that may work for you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I use an AAC.....breakout or blackout, I can't recall the name.  Isn't appreciably louder unless you're off to the side, and it cuts recoil by....50% or so, IMO, on the wood stock version.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
No advice on a brake, I put an A2 flash hider on mine. My wife likes shooting it and she's about 5-05 150. My 14 year old daughter has shot it as well but she didn't care much for it. Wasn't the recoil she didn't like it was the bolt action, she prefers semi auto.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking for comp/brake recommendations for the .308 version also how are women fairing with this rifle?
View Quote

Added Rugged Surge flash hider and suppressor to my .308, now I need to go shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m just using the thread protector on mine, so I have no recommends for devices. However, my GF spent a great deal of time with it, and she was 149 cm and roughly 95 lbs, and had no issues, even without a brake.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a 3 port DPMS,from Midway,for my Scout.
Works very well,cut recoil a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top