Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2018 5:49:08 PM EDT
Alright, I'm getting one! Need 31/33 round mags. Gen 3/4/5 all mags work?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but only if the release stays on the correct side.  If you switch it, the ones without the notch on the corresponding side of the mag body won't catch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, but only if the release stays on the correct side.  If you switch it, the ones without the notch on the corresponding side of the mag body won't catch.
View Quote
Good point. Thanks. How's disassembly for regular cleaning?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Magpul 21’s are my favorite go to mags for the PC.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
So far I feel the same way. I have one single 33 round magazine and its just ridiculously long, and odd looking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So far I feel the same way. I have on single 33 round magazine and its just ridiculously long, and odd looking.
View Quote
Agreed.  I have a couple of 33s, and I'd rather buy more 21s than 33s.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
50 round drum for the win!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
delete
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
Same here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm starting to prefer my ETS 33s with a Taylor Freelance extension for my USPSA PCC... it helps make sure I put one of the silver things (sometimes brass colored) thingies in the back of the cartridge
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm starting to prefer my ETS 33s with a Taylor Freelance extension for my USPSA PCC...
View Quote
I tried putting a TF basepad on an ETS mag, and couldn’t get more than 35 in the mag. I did all the usual tricks, including beveling the follower and rear lip of the basepad with no improvement.

I moved the basepad over to a Glock factory 31-round mag, and it works great, and loads to 42 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d like to see a short Glock tower for a Beta Mag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw at least two users in GD mention ETS mags did not fit into their magwell.

I have been using:
OEM gen 3 and 4 mags, both 15 and 33rd
PMAG 15, 17, and 21rd mags
ETS 17 and 31rd mags
KCI 'Korean' 33 rd mags

All have worked fine, with the exception of a couple last round failure to feed with ETS 31rd.  ETS and PMAGs are my go-to mags.

'Mag wobble' has been minimal, but is most pronounced with Korean mags.  Still, I feel it is a non issue.

That's just me, though.  Hearing about others having tight magwells would lead me to suggest trying one or two mags of each manufacture before blowing a couple hundred bucks on PSA package deals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I saw at least two users in GD mention ETS mags did not fit into their magwell.
View Quote
I don’t know if it’s differences in tolerances in the mags or the magwells. Probably a bit of both.

Mine works perfectly with ETS, Korean, and OEM mags. The only one that fits tight is the Glock factory 33 rd. mag.

And by “tight” I mean it won’t drop free when you hit the mag release. I don’t have to use excessive force to insert/remove.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got one of these at a local gun show this past weekend.  I took in a Yugoslavian SKS and a 880 rounds of Russian 7N1 ammunition and waled out with a PC9 and some cash.   I got the SKS when they were dirt cheap and the ammunition cost me all of $160 when I got it.  So a good deal for me and the dealer.  I have bought and sold through this guy for years and we were both happy with the deal.

Limited to 10 round magazines in NY but that is not a big deal for me on a PCC.  Took it out a few days ago and put 50 rounds through it.  Lots of fun to shoot and pretty accurate.  Disassembly is not difficult so cleaning is not bad either.  All in all I am pretty happy with it.  Makes a nice matched set next to the 10/22 Take Down.  I do need to get a few more mags for it.  No plans to scope it.   Pretty stout little carbine.   I wonder if this is successful they will branch out into other calibers.

Sitting next to is was a NIB Merlin Camp Carbine.  It came out of an estate sale and had never been used.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Glock 24 round mags are what I decided on as the best size for me.

They seem perfect. Capacity not too small and not to large.

In stock at Brownells.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Glock 24 round mags are what I decided on as the best size for me.

They seem perfect. Capacity not too small and not to large.

In stock at Brownells.
View Quote
This is a good plan I think - 24 is a sweet spot, 33 a little too long.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bad. A lot like a 10/22. Easier than the old PC9.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I have eight of the Magpul Glock 17 round mags. They all work very well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top