Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2019 10:31:08 PM EDT
As a follow up to another archived thread (located Here for Team members), apparently now Ruger has a PC Carbine specific takedown bag (link here Ruger Takedown Bag).  Outside dimensions are 25" L x 8" W x 5.5" D, as opposed to the 22.5"x 7" x 7.5" of their 10/22 takedown case (which some folks have reported works well, some have said it doesn't, depending on LOP spacers).

I have one of the new bags ordered, I'll try to update with images when I have it if necessary.

Update: bag received. Seems well constructed. Definitely longer than 10/22 TD bags. The Ruger logo is a morale patch, and can be removed/replaced (note to self: find non-gun morale patch).

On the outside, there are two handles, and two spots for the backpack straps to attach (so you can do one arm, cross body, or both arms). The lower pouch is large, and contains sleeves for 6 magazines. It BARELY zips with a 33 round Glock mag in there, not sure it would work with all 6 pockets full or not. The pockets are not stitched at the bottom of that pouch, so a 33 might fit when not in the pouch, and I suspect a Magpul 27 would work quite well. There is plenty of other room in that pocket.

The top exterior pocket is just a large pocket. Glock 33s fit just fine.

Interior pockets are definitely larger than on the 10/22 bag, and swallow the PC halves with ease and room to spare (easily space for a red dot on the receiver, and maybe some smaller scopes). There is pocket space for either Ammo box or eye pro, what I can only imagine would be a pocket for a scope or folded up targets, a pocket for....more Ammo or pistol mags or a pharmacy sized pack of in the ear plugs or something. The interior pockets are sewn in/cannot be removed.

Everyone in my house is sick and my dog and kiddo are behaving terribly because of it, so I'll see how additional accessories fit tomorrow.

Very well made bag.  I'll get pictures later if anyone has anything specific, otherwise the pictures on Rugers website are okay.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing this!  I have been looking for a better bag for mine.  Was impressed with their 10/22 td bag.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing this!  I have been looking for a better bag for mine.  Was impressed with their 10/22 td bag.
View Quote
As was I, and the other linked thread above showed me that the FSDC Caretaker bag on Amazon was the same thing for $50.

If I could have bought the FDE 10/22 bag, I would've bought it instead.  I hate black ridle cases, and think they scream "gun" to anyone looking, especially non-gun folks.

ETA:  I ordered the Ruger bag via phone to make use of their "20% off" coupon they give you with a new firearm purchase.  Never got a receipt, but got an invoice number over the phone, and my CC has been charged.  So I have no shipping info, either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently use this which I highly recommend, but want a dedicated Ruger PCC bag.  Will buy the Ruger and save the UTG for dedicated Charger SBR w/can and bipod bag.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I currently use this which I highly recommend, but want a dedicated Ruger PCC bag.  Will buy the Ruger and save the UTG for dedicated Charger SBR w/can and bipod bag.
View Quote
Interestingly enough the case you get with the Ruger charger takedown will fit the pC9.

Scoped takedown bag
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the sr556 bag.  It's nice but there is no room for an optic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interestingly enough the case you get with the Ruger charger takedown will fit the pC9.

Scoped takedown bag
View Quote
Definitely thought about buying that instead when I noticed this other one exist on their site.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Update:  bag received.  Seems well constructed.  Definitely longer than 10/22 TD bags.  The Ruger logo is a morale patch, and can be removed/replaced (note to self: find non-gun morale patch).

On the outside, there are two handles, and two spots for the backpack straps to attach (so you can do one arm, cross body, or both arms).  The lower pouch is large, and contains sleeves for 6 magazines.  It BARELY zips with a 33 round Glock mag in there, not sure it would work with all 6 pockets full or not.  The pockets are not stitched at the bottom of that pouch, so a 33 might fit when not in the pouch, and I suspect a Magpul 27 would work quite well.  There is plenty of other room in that pocket.

The top exterior pocket is just a large pocket.  Glock 33s fit just fine.

Interior pockets are definitely larger than on the 10/22 bag, and swallow the PC halves with ease and room to spare.  There is pocket space for either Ammo box or eye pro, what I can only imagine would be a pocket for a scope, a pocket for....more Ammo or pistol mags or a pharmacy sized pack of in the ear plugs or something.  The interior pockets are sewn in/cannot be removed.

Everyone in my house is sick and my dog and kiddo are behaving terribly because of it, so I'll see how additional accessories fit tomorrow.

Very well made bag.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I  am finally picking up my PC9 tomorrow, thanks all for some bag recommendations.   Anyone else have options they would like to share?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the NC Star VISM Discreet rifle bag. Works well to hold both halves of the Ruger carbine. Also can be found for $35
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the NC Star VISM Discreet rifle bag. Works well to hold both halves of the Ruger carbine. Also can be found for $35
View Quote
I also have this and it's well made.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#11]
My Ruger is in a $30 Bulldog ultra compact case.

For the price no complaints. It is padded well enough, the zippers and workmanship are great. The magazine pouches are lacking but hold Glock 33rd fine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered one for $31 shipped when eBay had a 15% off coupon a week or so ago. Should be here today. Seems like a great case for the money.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I have Coper Basin backpack I ordered from Amazon and think it is a perfect match for my PC9:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Z2MBVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top