Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2020 10:05:39 PM EDT
Should I be budget minded or go with the savage? It is strictly for deer hunting in Ohio and southern Michigan. I already have the BDC scope from another rifle and have settled on .450 BM
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been very happy with the performance of my Ruger American 450 Bushmaster. I got the 22 inch barrel model from Randy's hunting Center in Bad Axe, and they probably have the best prices out there. Using Hornady black ammunition, it shoots MOA out to 200 yards. The terminal effect on deer is simply amazing, the first deer I shot, a huge old doe, with a shot to the lungs, immediately dropped to her knees, then got up, ran 10 yards and flopped over.

My last deer rifle was a Mossberg bolt action shotgun using 12 ga, 3 inch slugs. The 450 is something else.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I used an AR  in .450 last year. You’re right the bullet is incredibly accurate. I killed 3 deer with it. Other people on my camp are going with bolt guns this year.
I want to give it a go.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought the haymaker
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top