Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2020 10:51:22 AM EDT
So I have had this for a couple years.  It has the rotary mag.  I like a flush mag for hunting rifles.

I recently started having feed issues out of the mag, seems the round sits bullet down in the mag.  I have read some on the www. but not really finding a definite answer of what to do, what to get or how to fix.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried a new mag?  Reach out to ruger, they might just replace yours.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Is yours not compatible with the AICS mags?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No mine is not compatible with AI style mags.  I have since posting this found where someone has called Ruger and was able to piece a retrofit into the factory stock.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve  had pretty good luck with the non rotary mags.   The magpul 5 rd probably hang out farther than you like though.

A couple quirks, the factory mag won’t seat fully loaded on a closed bolt, and the magpul can be way over inserted on an open bolt.  I mean jammed in there tight.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Its the magazines, I had em replace a RAR 300 BO rotary mag two times.  They just mailed em to me, didn't have to send mine in and it's like they expected to do it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Are your flush-fit mags the rotary style or the flat spring/double-stack style?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried a new mag?  Reach out to ruger, they might just replace yours.
View Quote

Ruger sent me a couple of replacements for my RARR in .300 BLK.

*i should have waited and bought the RARR that takes the AR mags
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are your flush-fit mags the rotary style or the flat spring/double-stack style?
View Quote

Rotary.  

I watched a few u boob vids of a guy adding spring tension, he pulled the back of mag off, grabbed the follower and gave it a spin or 2 mine are not like that.  My mags have a flap that slides in a groove with the follower.  The whole contraption looks like a cloths pin spring, no way to add tension.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ruger sent me a couple of replacements for my RARR in .300 BLK.

*i should have waited and bought the RARR that takes the AR mags
View Quote

I had the option, however this is a dedicated hunting rifle.  Another of my stands when I am in sniper position my rest is on the mag.  If I had a magazine extending down it would mess up my position.

Love the gun and with factory 140gr Hornady Precision hunter I am putting 4 shot groups touching at 100yds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top