Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2017 12:35:31 PM EDT
I posted in the PCC section and wanted to share with the Ruger fans out there.  I may buy one or three....

Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Want.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Want.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump want
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  Is it more than vaporware????
View Quote
Helluava marketing strategy for vaporware.  Wish they'd take their AR FCS and put it in that drop-out trigger pack, so trigger upgrades would be easier.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
10mm10mm10mm10mm10mm10mm10mm
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Helluava marketing strategy for vaporware.  Wish they'd take their AR FCS and put it in that drop-out trigger pack, so trigger upgrades would be easier.
View Quote
This is not marketing. This is leaking a pre-production photo to gauge interest. Looks like there's plenty of interest.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I would buy 2.

Accountant
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Want.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is not marketing. This is leaking a pre-production photo to gauge interest. Looks like there's plenty of interest.
View Quote
I wonder if it's even Ruger doing it? The magazine (Recoil) had the pic on instagram, but no "Ruger" on the pic?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
want!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Miss by 1mm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Miss by 1mm.
View Quote
Does Ruger even have a pistol chambered in 10mm?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm. Not sure what to make of this.

Didn't Ruger and Marlin already try guns like this ten or fifteen years ago? So why revamp an old design when they could have just as easily done a PCC based on the AR?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Hmm. Not sure what to make of this.

Didn't Ruger and Marlin already try guns like this ten or fifteen years ago? So why revamp an old design when they could have just as easily done a PCC based on the AR?
View Quote
B/c everyone & their dog already make an AR-9 - so not much money in it.  This will put them in ban states - the New York & California markets are nothing to sneeze @, and if that trigger module really is from a 10/22, there's the possibility of some really good triggers in it.  And unless they ran the recoil spring down into the stock, there's a decent possibility of a bullpup PCC w/o an awful trigger that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

B/c everyone & their dog already make an AR-9 - so not much money in it.  This will put them in ban states - the New York & California markets are nothing to sneeze @, and if that trigger module really is from a 10/22, there's the possibility of some really good triggers in it.  And unless they ran the recoil spring down into the stock, there's a decent possibility of a bullpup PCC w/o an awful trigger that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.
View Quote
Maybe. I'm just not seeing it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Something like this but with a modular mag well would be more interesting to me. Surely Ruger could have pulled it off at a price that's not too much higher than the AR556.

Time will tell, I guess...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/12/27/tested-cmmg-guard-pistol-caliber-carbines/
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because ARs are boring and don't point or handle as well as a traditional-stocked rifle. In all honesty, one of these will probably replace my AR as my go-to woods rifle if the price is right and it comes in something more than 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because ARs are boring and don't point or handle as well as a traditional-stocked rifle. In all honesty, one of these will probably replace my AR as my go-to woods rifle if the price is right and it comes in something more than 9mm.
View Quote
You'll get no argument from me about the boring AR market. It has been hyper saturated for too long. With that said, there are a ton of aftermarket products based on the AR so the new Ruger would have had aftermarket support right out of the gate.

I had a Ruger 44 Mag carbine probably 25 years ago. It was cool and all but I never hunted with it and never shot it. The novelty quickly wore off and I sold it. Still, I always thought it was a neat little carbine. Then Ruger re-launched the 44 Mag carbine and I planned on getting one. But Ruger dropped it again a second time and I remembered why I got rid of my original in the first place.  Same thing with the PC4. I never bought one but I have a couple friends who did. The novelty of a 40 carbine quickly wore off and the guns were sold.

Anyway here is Jeff Quinn's review

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-PCCarbine.htm
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is a bit homely isn't she??

I don't know.  Will give it a while and see if it grows on me.  With a Scorpion Evo 3 already, I think I will pass .

Doc
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  With that said, there are a ton of aftermarket products based on the AR so the new Ruger would have had aftermarket support right out of the gate.
View Quote
If they really did use the 10/22 trigger pack, there is already aftermarket support out of the gate.  And presumably this thing will take Glock drums, so there's already a 100 round mag for it if Beta Drums will clear the stock.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Miss by 1mm.
A 1911 that I think is pretty neat

Edit: and a super Redhawk too
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Miss by 1mm.

And a .40/10mm convertible Blackhawk.

Even still, 10mm firearm sales are tiny compared to 9mm firearm sales.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

The Ruger page for it, interesting. Wonder if I can get a Beretta 92 magwell at some point...
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If they really did use the 10/22 trigger pack, there is already aftermarket support out of the gate.  And presumably this thing will take Glock drums, so there's already a 100 round mag for it if Beta Drums will clear the stock.
View Quote
They say "using proven 10/22 components", but I'm not sure if that means the entire trigger pack can drop in/out.

I'm a sucker for a take-down, and it seems to lock open on the empty magazine. Not sure on mag release location, but not like I'm doing quick mag changes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Pre-ordered one.  Will post some comments after I receive it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#30]
It is ironic that we will mostly want the glock mag version. Can they convert their pistols to glock mags?

I predict cheap pricing for 33rd mags will go away. There will be mag shortages too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It is ironic that we will mostly want the glock mag version. Can they convert their pistols to glock mags?

I predict cheap pricing for 33rd mags will go away. There will be mag shortages too.
View Quote
Really? This gun will sell so well it'll cause mag shortages?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Really? This gun will sell so well it'll cause mag shortages?
View Quote
Will sell well is an understatement.

Will cause mag shortages .. no.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Ugly as sin? check.

Going to Buy one? Check.

Will be a fun host. Would like to see 10mm and .45 acp versions as well.

Also hopping that there is some magpul support for the stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is a link to the manual for this rifle if anyone is curious. It shows a detailed breakdown.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I do hope they come out with a 40S&W version of this.    I have an SR40 as a truck gun and I have enough 40 SR mags to sink a boat.  But I am not going to hold my breath.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes. A 1911
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Double-tap!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I do hope they come out with a 40S&W version of this.    I have an SR40 as a truck gun and I have enough 40 SR mags to sink a boat.  But I am not going to hold my breath.

2Hut8
View Quote
I got a 9e a while back for the same purpose.  Love it. Have mags for it, and a hundred or so G17 and G19 mags.

Win-win!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder how long it will take for them to introduce an integrally suppressed barrel assembly, like the one Ruger made for the takedown 10/22.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Waiting for accuracy reports but given Rugers track record not expecting anything great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I got a 9e a while back for the same purpose.  Love it. Have mags for it, and a hundred or so G17 and G19 mags.

Win-win!
View Quote
I've thought about picking up an American pistol for S&Gs, they seem nice even compared to my VP9s and G19; this PCC will also have an American magwell available for purchase from what I read.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've thought about picking up an American pistol for S&Gs, they seem nice even compared to my VP9s and G19; this PCC will also have an American magwell available for purchase from what I read.
View Quote
It says straight in the manual it will have an adapter for the American mags, so I'd say that's pretty confirmed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#43]
They are shipping picked one up today
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They are shipping picked one up today
View Quote
Pics man!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pics man!
View Quote
I posted them in the PCC carbine forum.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Picked mine up today from KYGUNCO.COM.

They had 42 of them available as of Wednesday, Jan. 10th.  They will ship for free to your LGS for $509 I believe.

I have lots of 9mm PCC's but this one is nice in its own right. I have AR's in five different calibers including 9mm but this little rifle just has something special about it.
Comes with extra magwell insert for Glock magazines... Check!...   Comes with two extra spacers for adjusting LOP of the stock..Check!
Has a nice feel to it, but this is a guy who grew up in the days when M-1 carbines were the cool gun to have.  Its a bit chunky but they really did a decent job of making it fit. Stock has the height just right so it will work with its include peep sight as well as a low mounted optic. Check !!

I like it....I really like it....
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Will sell well is an understatement.

Will cause mag shortages .. no.
View Quote
You really do believe that 27-33 rd mags will go not up in scarcity and price?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#49]
So when are they going to offer a 9mm version of their integral takedown barrel?

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So when are they going to offer a 9mm version of their integral takedown barrel?

https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Ruger-ISB-600x297.jpg?e54015
View Quote
Ruger better have one in the works.  If and when it comes out I'll take back 90% of the bad things I've had to say about the PCC.  Well, maybe 75%....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top