Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2018 9:04:26 AM EDT
I’m considering purchasing a 10/22 tactical model #1261. Which has the 1/2x28 threaded barrel.

I’d like to use my 556SD suppressor and just buy another mount for it.

Has anyone done this? Any issues with mount fitment on the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d would just buy another suppressor for rimfire shooting. I’d hate to fill the 5.56 can full of lead and crud.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn’t even think about that

So much for that idea...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I would NEVER use a sealed, non-serviceable suppressor for any rimfire caliber...just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased that same riflel as a host for my SiCo Sparrow. The combo runs great and is quiet but that suppressor hanging off the 16" barrel has the ergonomics of a broomstick. Fine for plinking from a bench but kinda awkward if you are carrying it around in the wild.

I eventually used one of my spare receivers to use with an SBX barrel.

Something like this;

~16" OAL of the barrel and the permanent extension but only one stamp (for the can).

Barrel is made by Tactical Solutions
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If you run some 5.56 through the can every couple hundred 22 rounds it will clean it out, still a sketchy idea overall though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d would just buy another suppressor for rimfire shooting. I’d hate to fill the 5.56 can full of lead and crud.
View Quote
This. Especially with all the .22LR suppressors on the market, many of which are very affordable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top