Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2022 12:32:55 PM EDT
What is the the front sight rail for the Ruger 10/22 SR-22 rifle?  

Does anyone know where I can get one or something like it to mount a front flip up sight?  

Ruger does not have any parts for this rifle any longer.  The person I spoke with at Ruger said they sold all the parts for these rifles to Brownells.  The person I spoke with at Brownells said they sold out of these parts a long time ago and don't have anymore.

Did the SR-22 come with flip up sights from the factory?  Or did you have to buy them separately?

Any help would be appreciated.  

Also, would love to get another barrel for this rifle too.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
From what could find there were several length rails you could get to put a pop up sight. Troy made them apparently and the 223 and .22 models were the same. Tr3 was the 3 inch rail.
Did not see any in stock except in Europe of all places. Maybe ebay?

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I just looked at Troy's website.  It did not appear to be fully operational.  I found some Troy 3" length rails on other websites.  They look good.   But the front sight rail on the Ruger 10/22 SR-22's that I have seen is fairly tall.  I measured the rear rail that is fixed in place on my rifle.  It seems to be about 3/4" in height.  I found another 10/22 rail that I had in a box of spare parts.  It is longer, approximately 4 3/4" long, and not as tall, approximately 1/2" in height.  Not sure if that 1/4" offset between the rear sight and the front sight would be an issue.

I'll keep looking.

I'll probably just get a good red dot sight and use that 100% of the time anyway.  

I was just hoping to get all the original parts since my rifle did not have the sights with it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Weird this gave me a 404 error earlier but its working now check these out
https://www.amazon.com/TufForce-mount-Ruger-SR-22-bottom-MT-RG7/dp/B017WR83I4

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top