Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 10:05:18 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the Magpul X-22 Backpacker Optic Mount will fit the Ruger Integrated Suppressed Barrel?

https://ruger.com/micros/silent-sr-ISB/index.html

https://magpul.com/hunter-x-22-backpacker-optic-mount.html
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The Magpul optic mount fits on bull barrels. I don’t have a clue if that “over/under” style on the ISB goes all the way back. Unfortunately there are no pics on the web with the forearm removed from the barrel to check. Maybe someone who has one can chime in.

Also, i believe the Gemtec Mist, the YHM offering, and the Thompson Machine offering, will work if you haven’t bought the Ruger ISB yet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the Magpul Optic Mount fits just fine around the Ruger ISB on the take-down 10/22. I just picked ISB up this weekend and installed the mount last night. It JUST fits around the barrel as it's the same size as bull barrels.

One issue I ran into was the mount sides interfered with the fore end that came with the ISB. A few passes with a utility knife in the appropriate areas allowed it to be reattached without interference.

I had also hoped to replace the stock with a Magpul backpacker stock, but the suppressed extension that appears somewhat like a lower barrel of an O/U does not extend back far enough - there was a sizable noticeable gap between the back of the suppressor and the front of the backpacker fore end. I also had interference in trying to fit this fore end and would have had to relieve the internal channel a little as well had I decided to keep it on there. In addition, the suppressor would have prevented the fore end from being stowed in the carrying position into the bottom of the buttstock.

It is rather heavy, as someone in another thread intimated - the bull barrel part appears to be steel. Other tubular integral barrels I've used have been noticeably lighter, but this was cool being a factory option, and it does feel really good and solid in the hands - it balances on the magazine with it. I've not shot it yet to comment on its accuracy and quietness. I'll try to come back and update after shooting, but reviews have indicated it's quite quiet, and the additional volume should help with that. I do have muzzle cans I can compare it with as well - one reason I got this is I wanted something different.

@Bluemonday to notify you as this is an older post - I saw it last month, but only now picked up my ISB to be able to comment on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top