Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 3:21:19 PM EDT
Has anyone here reactivated an rpg-2? With all the the inert launchers around I'd like to possibly reactivate one. Would love to pick someones brain about it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep... but I work a lot, and I haven't had a chance to do load development.

I got a new tube from a dude that was making them..  welded all the bits on to complete it. He's hard to get ahold of these days.

As for projos, I found a source that had tail fin assemblies and bought them all. I still have to fabricate the aluminum bits that go on the back of the projectile (that holds the primer and launch motor), as well as the launch moters. Oh, and a fake shaped charge section. I have a real one (inert), so I'll probably make a mold and cast some.

I'll eventually make some non-authentic (but cheap) practice rounds too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice.  Probably a silly question but was the tube you got a nonregistered item like the Sten tubes?
I've got a machine shop and can make the tubes from a drawing if that's the case.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, tube was just a pipe with all the outside contours cut and the right ID. I think it had the notch cut to align the projos, too.

I had to drill the firing pin hole, and weld all the bits on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep... but I work a lot, and I haven't had a chance to do load development.

I got a new tube from a dude that was making them..  welded all the bits on to complete it. He's hard to get ahold of these days.

As for projos, I found a source that had tail fin assemblies and bought them all. I still have to fabricate the aluminum bits that go on the back of the projectile (that holds the primer and launch motor), as well as the launch moters. Oh, and a fake shaped charge section. I have a real one (inert), so I'll probably make a mold and cast some.

I'll eventually make some non-authentic (but cheap) practice rounds too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6794/DD_RPG_2_jpg-2363254.JPG
View Quote

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but did you paint that F1 grenade?

Is so, what kind of paint did you use to get that Soviet babyshit green?
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
No, that's original commie paint on the Grenade.  It's Bulgarian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top