Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 12:42:25 AM EDT
I’m not sure if anybody has pondered these, for $140 shipped I rolled the dice.

Received mine today, rifle was complete less the bit stock cleaning rod hole cover, and said rod. Really was not in that tough of shape. I didn’t do much just a few quick passes with a bore brush and some clp/gun oil.

No pitting except a small spot under the top front handguard, most finish is still intact. Stock looks to have some lacquer on it, that was also on the magazine.

I received mine in 14 days for order to door, I was skeptical about RTI based on various reviews maybe I just came out on top

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a damn good deal for a piece of history.

There hasn't been a milsurp that cheap in many years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
It's because ammo is basically unobtainable right now.  Like when I grabbed some Hungarian M95's for $59 each you couldn't find ammo anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
They go in and out of stock, it seems they like to play games with what is in/out of stock. They were out for a few weeks then I checked again and on Monday they had them again
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's because ammo is basically unobtainable right now.  Like when I grabbed some Hungarian M95's for $59 each you couldn't find ammo anywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that the problem with Carcano's, Steyr's, Arisaka's and some others is a lack of available ammo and clips if required. However, they also are the best deals currently if you reload or don't care about shooting, just collecting.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, I reload so ammo scarcity isn’t an issue. To shoot surplus these days you pretty much have to, best C&r deals are on guns where factory ammo is unobtanium
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep, I reload so ammo scarcity isn’t an issue. To shoot surplus these days you pretty much have to, best C&r deals are on guns where factory ammo is unobtanium
View Quote

You need clips for these rifles.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Royal tiger sells them as well, but yes, you cans single feed rounds less you risk damaging the extractor
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Royal tiger sells them as well, but yes, you cans single feed rounds less you risk damaging the extractor
View Quote

someone 3d prints a sled that slides into where the enbloc goes and allows you to safely single feed the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

someone 3d prints a sled that slides into where the enbloc goes and allows you to safely single feed the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I bought some of these. I purchased the Carcano insert, the Berthier insert and the M95 Steyr insert. The insert did work as advertised for the Carcano and I do use it. The insert for the Steyr and Berthier would not snap into place and are useless.

You have to be careful single loading these old rifles and letting the extractor snap over the rim, eventually you'll end up with a broken extractor and that can be unobtanium depending on what type of rifle it is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m not sure if anybody has pondered these, for $140 shipped I rolled the dice.

Received mine today, rifle was complete less the bit stock cleaning rod hole cover, and said rod. Really was not in that tough of shape. I didn’t do much just a few quick passes with a bore brush and some clp/gun oil.

https://i.postimg.cc/JGJK68PM/2665-EC99-3-B70-4-C30-8-BA6-3-C4-A1-D37-C54-C.jpg

No pitting except a small spot under the top front handguard, most finish is still intact. Stock looks to have some lacquer on it, that was also on the magazine.

I received mine in 14 days for order to door, I was skeptical about RTI based on various reviews maybe I just came out on top

View Quote

RTI is GTG, used to buy a lot of M16A1 parts kits from them around 2012-2014 and they were always solid deals and easy to work with.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
They were sold out of the $99 ones, so I ordered a $199 one. To my delight, at checkout, the price went to $179. So, I ordered on Monday evening, received an email saying 4-6 weeks before they’ll ship. Bummer.  Then I receive an email Wednesday, that it has shipped. FedEx just delivered it!  It was really less than a six day turn around with a Sunday morning delivery is awesome.
It arrived double boxed and wrapped in bubble wrap.  Opened it up and was sent a 1919 Brescia.  First inspection is that she’s dirty, but complete.  It should clean up nicely and will be a fine addition to the collection. Well worth the money spent.

Edit:
I had a little time this afternoon. Pulled it apart and there is some crust on the rear of the receiver under the wood. Certainly has pitting, but for the price, I’m okay with it. There was also some white fuzzy organic matter growing on the wood that has since been neutralized.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Your stock certainly looks better, but hard to tell.

I might pull the trigger on an Enfield and m48 next. Still seem to be getting more “inventory” in weekly, I’m guessing they just process more and more weekly
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they come back in stock will someone please post in this thread? I was signed up for their emails but I was getting over 5 a day. I had to unsubscribe.
View Quote

They have more of the $199 ones back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They have more of the $199 ones back in stock.
View Quote

Seen that sat night and ordered one. Got an email today saying it will be here friday. Hope its in the shape they claim its in (or as close to it as possible). I do see they had enfield no 1 MkIII's that I would like to pick up. Rather try them with a lower priced rifle 1st.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Seen that sat night and ordered one. Got an email today saying it will be here friday. Hope its in the shape they claim its in (or as close to it as possible). I do see they had enfield no 1 MkIII's that I would like to pick up. Rather try them with a lower priced rifle 1st.
View Quote

Top one was a $199 ($179 at check out), and bottom one from DK.  They're about the same overall condition, but the RTI was cheaper.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Top one was a $199 ($179 at check out), and bottom one from DK.  They're about the same overall condition, but the RTI was cheaper.  
https://i.imgur.com/A9jvy2h.jpg
View Quote
Came today. The packaging was really well done. Its condition is similar to yours. Need to clean it up though. The tip of the bayonet is bent a tick though. Need to order some en bloc clips and try to find ammo for it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Came today. The packaging was really well done. Its condition is similar to yours. Need to clean it up though. The tip of the bayonet is bent a tick though. Need to order some en bloc clips and try to find ammo for it.
View Quote

Good luck on those ventures. Since the influx of Carcano's from Italy and Ethiopia over the past few years both are in demand. Also, be aware that PPU 6.5x52mm shoots like complete garbage in my carbines due to the .264 bullet they use going down a .268 bore. I'm on the hunt for some original Carcano ammo to reload into newly primed cases so I can actually get a picture of how accurate they can be. Steinel ammo also makes a proper bullet diameter loading but they are on permanent backorder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I see they eliminated the $99 ones and now have $165.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good luck on those ventures. Since the influx of Carcano's from Italy and Ethiopia over the past few years both are in demand. Also, be aware that PPU 6.5x52mm shoots like complete garbage in my carbines due to the .264 bullet they use going down a .268 bore. I'm on the hunt for some original Carcano ammo to reload into newly primed cases so I can actually get a picture of how accurate they can be. Steinel ammo also makes a proper bullet diameter loading but they are on permanent backorder.
View Quote
Got 2 en block clips for it from Liberty Tree (along with a bayonet for my mosin and a mosin cleaning kit)
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I think you really want to be a cast bullet reloader if you want to shoot these Italian guns much.  

Yea it’s not for everybody with slower velocity but once set up it is cheap.  The carcano reloading dies will be worse than a bullet mold.  Go with a gas check bullet design to get some of the speed back up.

I have a Finnish 7.35 that was sporterized.  My dad bought it for $10 out of a barrel at Woolworths in the early 50s or late forties.

I have the clipped ammo for it fortunately.  Accuracy was fine but a crazy high point of impact at 100 yds. 15-18” above the sight if my memory is right.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Grafs has the proper .268 bullets and they do pretty well in the carbines.  Finding the dies was the hardest part for me when I got one a few years ago.

https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/29100
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think you really want to be a cast bullet reloader if you want to shoot these Italian guns much.  

Yea it's not for everybody with slower velocity but once set up it is cheap.  The carcano reloading dies will be worse than a bullet mold.  Go with a gas check bullet design to get some of the speed back up.

I have a Finnish 7.35 that was sporterized.  My dad bought it for $10 out of a barrel at Woolworths in the early 50s or late forties.

I have the clipped ammo for it fortunately.  Accuracy was fine but a crazy high point of impact at 100 yds. 15-18" above the sight if my memory is right.
View Quote
The Italian's had a stupid sighting system on the carcano. You have to bury the front sight post in the rear notch. If you align your sights like a normal rifle you'll be way off.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2022 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Italian's had a stupid sighting system on the carcano. You have to bury the front sight post in the rear notch. If you align your sights like a normal rifle you'll be way off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/202533/C2477738-A371-4901-B047-62C5190FA8A2_jpe-2505907.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea it's not for everybody with slower velocity but once set up it is cheap.  The carcano reloading dies will be worse than a bullet mold.  Go with a gas check bullet design to get some of the speed back up.

I have the clipped ammo for it fortunately.  Accuracy was fine but a crazy high point of impact at 100 yds. 15-18" above the sight if my memory is right.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/202533/C2477738-A371-4901-B047-62C5190FA8A2_jpe-2505907.JPG

Sounds about right.

My 7.35 shoots about right on at 300, with a normal sight alignment. Using surplus ammo, anyways.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#28]
They sent me an email advertising them at $134.  So I ordered.  $163 shipped seemed worth a go.  I'll update upon receipt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They sent me an email advertising them at $134.  So I ordered.  $163 shipped seemed worth a go.  I'll update upon receipt.
View Quote

Saw that email Friday night. I ordered one as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I got it and it was very rough looking mostly from dirt/dust.  The bore looks real good after flushing with a tea kettle of boiling water.  The exposed metal on the the barrel and receiver have a brown patina color.  The metal under the wood is still blued and after some steel wool pretty good. The stock looked rough but  after some purple power, 220 sand paper and 3 coats of BLO I think I can live with it for now. 1933 date Gardone Valtrompa.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top