Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 8:30:32 AM EDT
Looking to replace the springs in my Rossi 92 in .45LC.  The information I have read is that a lighter ejector spring specifically will help smooth the action, as well as polishing the internals.  

Has anyone used a Lee Gunslinger spring kit for this?  Does everyone just order the Steve's Gunz spring?  I don't really want to trim the factory springs.  I know that's common, but I know that I'll cut too many and screw it up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only installed lighter hammer springs, which does make the action easier to work.  My latest two have no mods. (except for Steve's peep sights)
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought everything from Steve Young

https://stevesgunz.com/

the DVD is great as is his parts and information.

Well worth the modest cost.

Greatly improved my 92 .44 Magnum.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The ejector spring is a harbor freight spring I got in a spring pack. Installed it on my Rossi 92 in 357, have shot over 400 rounds through it without any issues. Just installed it on any other Rossi 92 in 45 Colt yesterday. Brass just falls by my feet!

They’re zinc plated springs as are the same Rossi Spring kits many are selling online. I bet they are the same springs, taken out of the box and sold in individual kits for much more $$$

7/32” x 1-1/2”

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with Steve as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top