Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 6:13:24 PM EDT
I realized the Romanian PSL 54 is not a C&R rifle but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question. Or I guess it could be a SSG 97 I'm not sure what the real difference is. I bought one recently just because it was such a great deal and they are hard to find now. Problem is the front hand guard the lower piece is retained by a piece of metal with a rotating tapered pin on it just like an AK-47 is. Well the AK-47 has a notch cut in the barrel for that tapered pin to slide into which locks your handguard in place. This gun has all the pieces but no notch in the barrel.  everything appears to be intact on the gun and it does not appear to be tampered with in any way. My thoughts on it are to get a circular file and slowly file down creating my own notch. I can see where this could very easily work but I also don't want to mess anything up. any suggestions or can anybody who has one remove their bottom forend grip and show me how they're forend is retained. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I did that exact thing on ak clones when I turned the barrel out of take off Remington 30cal barrels.
(Wanted a 20" barrel)
A chain saw blade file.
Also did a psl kit and I am sure it was the same way.

I say file away although I am not sure why they skipped your particular psl.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not either.  The gun looks great.  I'd rate it 90 percent on the outside.  The inside when I disassembled it it still had alot of cosmoline and looked like it was never really fired.  The guy I bought it from said it was always like it and he bought it years ago and never fired it.  I assume that I am correct it there should be a groove filed in like an AK-47?  Is this correct.
  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top