Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 5:34:06 PM EDT
Had borrowed one years ago for a course and can’t remember which brand it was.

Very small/slim profile and rolled out to a large bag.  

I don’t need/want MOLLE or extra “stuff”.  

I’ve seen others that just take up too much room on the belt.

What are you using?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The only dump pouch I've kept using is the EGL Loppy. Nice and compact when not deployed, holds just enough when it is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two different dump pouches.

I have the T Rex Arms dump pouch. It's way too big for me, it would be great for a range day but too bulky for wear anywhere else in my opinion. Plus, the velcro and the way it's constructed negates any color option since the black of the velcro dominates the surface when folded up.  It is nice for a range day though, because it has a little elastic cord option you can use to secure the bottom part to your leg so it's not flopping around on you as you run. Great for the range, but too bulky for anything else in my opinion.

I ended up with the Blue Force Gear Belt Mounted Dump Pouch. This is the smallest when compacted dump pouch that I could find and takes up the least amount of MOLLE space on my belt.  I also went with the belt mounted one instead of the ten speed gear one (has their MOLLE attachment system), because i find that you get less sag when something is belt mounted (i.e. wrapped around the entire belt for purchase rather than MOLLE through it).  I'm very happy with the Blue Force Gear.

Obviously, as a civilian I think I do need a dump pouch even though I prefer to reindex magazines.  You can use them for a lot more than holding spent magazines and the Blue Force gear is small enough when compacted up it's easy to have on without much down side.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The maxpedition is on my belt. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

You beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Condor.  $12 on amazon
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I use AR500 Armor dump pouch, yeah I know, we're supposed to hate AR500, but it works and rolls up into a small package.

AR500 Dump Pouch
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one off Amazon that folds up Into a 4x5 square. Its awesome. $24

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the medium size Max RolyPoly myself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Similar, but the material,was thinner...rolled up smaller.  

Maybe it was mayflower.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like the tactical tailor fight light dump pouch. Packs out of the way pretty easy
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#12]

I like my RolyPoly.  

It's also good for festivals and events, if we ever have them again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Tactical tailor is what I have I think.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The rollypolly is what you want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The rollypolly is what you want.
View Quote

I think the BFL model is still available in the ARF store. I have a black one around here somewhere as well. But I am more of a drop the mags in the mud and step on them guy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
High speed gear mag net dump.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think the BFL model is still available in the ARF store. I have a black one around here somewhere as well. But I am more of a drop the mags in the mud and step on them guy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64318/20210117_124522-1783674.jpg
View Quote

That's pretty cool.  Thing is, dump pouch is for so much more than mags.  It's for.......everything.

Extra carrying capacity that folds up when not needed.  Chow, water bottles, admin stuff on range, brass policing, rollup antennas, I've used mine for all of that.

Don't know how we ever got along without them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
TT fight light.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the Maxpedition.......it’s as big as a suitcase

It’s going back.

It was the velocity systems pouch I was thinking of.  

Super compact and lightweight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got the Maxpedition.......it's as big as a suitcase

It's going back.

View Quote
Maxpedition makes 3 sizes. I prefer the middle size. I'd double check which one you purchased.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It’s going back.

View Quote

I checked the one that I posted a picture of and it folds very small. It has 2 rows horizontally and 3 vertically of molle, but I guess I need 2 really short Malice clips.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The only dump pouch I've kept using is the EGL Loppy. Nice and compact when not deployed, holds just enough when it is.
View Quote

FPNI

Exactly what I use.  I love it.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#23]
This ^^^ buy in multiple sizes...

ETA
You can tell I didn't read the fk'n OP - carry on
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s going back.

View Quote

May check out the Blue Force Gear dump as well, very minimalistic packed up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:10:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Maxpedition. They come in multiple sizes so if one is too large get a smaller one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Blue Force Gear Ten Speed

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Have to say, as much as I do love my BFG kit (some mag pouches, SOC-C belt, the HH6's Plateminus), I don't care for their take on a dump pouch.

I've handled one.  Extremely compact when folded (stuffed, really) on the belt, minimal footprint.

But deployed, it's very thin and loose.  2 problems:  opening doesn't stay full and open, like the Max Roly Poly and related designs, and anything carried in it is going to bang around like all get out.

Personally, for me, it wouldn't fulfill the role of a dump pouch, as I employ them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Condor.  $12 on amazon
View Quote

It's what I have,  works.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Had borrowed one years ago for a course and can’t remember which brand it was.

Very small/slim profile and rolled out to a large bag.  

I don’t need/want MOLLE or extra “stuff”.  

I’ve seen others that just take up too much room on the belt.

What are you using?
View Quote
do you NEED a dump pouch? If not don’t do one.

I’ve been using a tactical tailor one for years. I have actual use for a dump pouch though. As you pointed out when it’s not needed it forms a nice compact package. It’s also well made in the United States by a very pro military pro 2A company and costs a fair amount (like $30). It’s not made for youtube posers and slapped with an asinine $45-$60 price tag (or more!) because there’s literally no reason on the face of the earth to spent that much on a nylon bag that would take 10 minutes to sew.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have to say, as much as I do love my BFG kit (some mag pouches, SOC-C belt, the HH6's Plateminus), I don't care for their take on a dump pouch.

I've handled one.  Extremely compact when folded (stuffed, really) on the belt, minimal footprint.

But deployed, it's very thin and loose.  2 problems:  opening doesn't stay full and open, like the Max Roly Poly and related designs, and anything carried in it is going to bang around like all get out.

Personally, for me, it wouldn't fulfill the role of a dump pouch, as I employ them.
View Quote

Will they hold two packs of little debbie swiss rolls, and a pint of chocolate milk? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Condor.  $12 on amazon
View Quote

I got one of those.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really like the tactical tailor fight light dump pouch. Packs out of the way pretty easy
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#33]
The blue force gear and velocity systems ones take up the least amount of space and bulk for something you will only use in a pinch but they aren't especially fast to retain empties in. Good for SSE, holding gloves and ear pro during down time, etc. Has a cord to close the opening which is good.

The HSGI "mag net" is easy to drop mags into and does a decent job holding them secure, that's the one I would want to use to retain a bunch of mags in

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Tactical Tailor Fight Light Dump Pouch
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Condor.  $12 on amazon
View Quote

+1.  

Holds up fine to normal use and rolls/folds up small.

Micro dump pouch
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I know skinny jeans are all the rage now but it’s hard to beat pants with cargo pockets.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
+ 1 on the EGL Loppy
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#38]
And now for something completely different: http://entrygear.com/product.asp?id=BAE-3082  Can testify that BAE/Eclipse items are very well made.

Or perhaps the more conventional USMC-type dump pouch: http://entrygear.com/product.asp?id=BAE-3063

Both a steal at $25, IF they meet your needs.  

disclaimer: no financial interest.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Ive used several and my favorite is the Helium Whisper micro dibbie pouch. By far the smallest on the market next to BFG. I also have a Max and T.rex. T.rex is the best for a long range day or class.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Are you thinking about the SORD dump pouch? I just picked one up, haven't really had a chance to use it yet but I love the design.

https://www.sordusa.com/tactical-exploitation-dump
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a clone of a maxpedition because maxpedition doesn't make shit all in a camo and I wanted multicam.

Mine is from a company called phantom, you can find them on many airsoft sites and they(mine anyway) are quite sturdy.
Im afraid that the company no longer makes these or if they do they cant be imported so I cant say if the new names used are of the same quality.

I would say if maxpedition would actually make their gear in multiglam or gods plaid I would get one.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#43]
I had a Roly Poly...Mags would fall out when I ran...

Got a CSM made, never looked back...

There the real deal, made by a guy who was a Corpsman.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Got the velocity systems.

Something changed since I used one.  Way too much elastic to hold the pouch. Could be slimmer/smaller.

I was looking for a vest mounted pouch. It works, but could be smaller.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:39:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Condor.  $12 on amazon
View Quote

That's where mine came from.
Even though they don't roll up I've had pretty good luck using a SAW pouch as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There the real deal, made by a guy who was a Corpsman.
View Quote

Mike McMillan is an unsung hero, had an impressive career and is one of the pioneers of modern Marine Special Operations.

He alone brought to the big public the Dump Pouch, The Fanny Pack and the first working one handed combat tourniquet (McMillan's tourniquet) years before the CAT.

The CSM Gear dump pouch is still a well working option after 20 years of its introduction, a testament to its quality. The fact that First Spear has in its catalog a "CSM Drop Pouch" that they advertise as "we don't mess with perfection" should tell you it's good.

There is the compromise that it doesn't pack as small as others, but everyone has their needs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Mike McMillan is an unsung hero, had an impressive career and is one of the pioneers of modern Marine Special Operations.

He alone brought to the big public the Dump Pouch, The Fanny Pack and the first working one handed combat tourniquet (McMillan's tourniquet) years before the CAT.

The CSM Gear dump pouch is still a well working option after 20 years of its introduction, a testament to its quality. The fact that First Spear has in its catalog a "CSM Drop Pouch" that they advertise as "we don't mess with perfection" should tell you it's good.

There is the compromise that it doesn't pack as small as others, but everyone has their needs.
View Quote

Pat Roger's steered me towards Mike's pouch. Pat spoke very highly of him, and that was enough for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top