Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2020 9:09:22 AM EDT
Every time I buy a used weapon someone puts their FH on w rocksett.

How do u remove FH installed w rocksett?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Every time I buy a used weapon someone puts their FH on w rocksett.

How do u remove FH installed w rocksett?
View Quote

I’ve read that it’s water soluble. Submerge in boiling water?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Soak it in water for 24 hours.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Boiling  water !  

Okay
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My Geissele twisted right off nicely without anything but biceps and a tapco wrench
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Double post oops
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
The best way is blunt force from a wrench hit with a dead blow hammer or wood block. Make sure you have the proper reaction rod seated in your upper in a vice. Wrap wrench handle with a rag then give a solid hit and it should break free pretty easily. No soaking no heat or any of that nonsense. This is my tried and trued method for removing pesky Rocksetted KAC muzzle devices off SR15 & SR25 series of rifles. Works everytime! Good luck
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Boiling water worked for me
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Boiling water worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have done a bunch, and I use boiling water.

I even made a "dunk tank". It's just a chunk of scrap copper pipe, capped, with some old insulation wrapped around it. Stick barrel in muzzle down, fill just past what you want to remove (I have done a couple gas blocks too), pack a little tin foil or other insulator around barrel, wait 20ish minutes, Chuck up the barrel and the threads should be fairly easy to break free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1999cutiger:
Soak it in water for 24 hours.
View Quote

Did that after boiling water method didn’t work. The soak got it done and it came off pretty easy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 556sniper:
The best way is blunt force from a wrench hit with a dead blow hammer or wood block. Make sure you have the proper reaction rod seated in your upper in a vice. Wrap wrench handle with a rag then give a solid hit and it should break free pretty easily. No soaking no heat or any of that nonsense. This is my tried and trued method for removing pesky Rocksetted KAC muzzle devices off SR15 & SR25 series of rifles. Works everytime! Good luck
View Quote

This is the best way. Soaking in warm water CAN work, but whacking the tip of the muzzle device is the most reliable way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Heat gun. The good heat gun, not the shitty cheap one.
Blast it w some heat for a minute or so, it will come off.

We rock set everything at work and that’s how we get things off.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By demoMouse:
Heat gun. The good heat gun, not the shitty cheap one.
Blast it w some heat for a minute or so, it will come off.

We rock set everything at work and that’s how we get things off.
View Quote

That's... kinda odd. Rocksett's whole thing is that it's got a really high temperature resistance. Like, I believe it's over 2000 degrees. Sure you're not thinking of Loctite?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#15]
We don’t use lock tite. We use Rocksett

I’ve seen instances were someone put way too much on and we had to use a map gas torch (heat applied circumferentially so as not to warp the barrel)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top