Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2020 5:22:58 PM EDT
The action is a close clone of Kimber of Oregons model 82 centerfire.

The M22 standard has been on the market since 2012.

Who's using one for varmints ? Who's had the 9mm conversion done ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
We need a mag adapter for the AR.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done a 9mm conversion. Lot's of fun.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need a mag adapter for the AR.
View Quote
For DI TCM uppers ?  Those are currently using PPS-43 and M1 Carbine mags. A mag adapter to use 1911 double stacks should be no challenge to make.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:. For DI TCM uppers ?  Those are currently using PPS-43 and M1 Carbine mags. A mag adapter to use 1911 double stacks should be no challenge to make.
View Quote
Yup.  But no one has made one yet.  If I was running M-1 Carbine mags, I'd be running .30 Carbine or 5.7 MMJ.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The bolt action should be chambered to allow longer bullets. As is, these are cut short due to pistol mag OAL specs and cannot use the array of 22 Varmint bullets.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup.  But no one has made one yet.  If I was running M-1 Carbine mags, I'd be running .30 Carbine or 5.7 MMJ.
View Quote
MEAN endomags with the rear stop removed allows me to run my wildcat at 1.390" that would likely allow short spitzers in the TCM for the AR platform.

OP i've done 1 9mm conversion as well. The owner seems to really like it.

As mentioned above the rifle lacks in flexibility due to the short mag COAL's of the system.

Accuracy reports have been lackluster to horrible from what I recall(including armscor replacing barrels). Cant speak of the new tacticool model.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have observed that first hand in a early production rifle. The grooves had chatter marks. It was a 2- 2 1/2 shooter.  RIA replaced those rifles sent in for warranty.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MEAN endomags with the rear stop removed allows me to run my wildcat at 1.390" that would likely allow short spitzers in the TCM for the AR platform.

As mentioned above the rifle lacks in flexibility due to the short mag COAL's of the system.

Accuracy reports have been lackluster to horrible from what I recall(including armscor replacing barrels). Cant speak of the new tacticool model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you thought about increasing the bolt travel and cutting a vertical groove in the rear of the magazine well in order to accommodate Tokarev or CZ52 magazines ? There appears to be more than sufficient material for that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:42:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Believe it or not i've never handled one of the rifles. I made the conversion with just the bolt and patterned it off the factory barrel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Have one. It is rear locking so action is pretty smooth and fast after break in. Also having the rifle converted to 9mm
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
I've done a 9mm conversion. Lot's of fun.

https://i.imgur.com/0Q332jD.jpg
View Quote

Whose tube, what twist and how does it shoot ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By B44T:

Whose tube, what twist and how does it shoot ?
View Quote

Random stainless 9mm barrel from Gunbroker with a 1/10 twist. Machined it to take a barrel nut like a Savage and made the barrel nut. Haven't shot it for accuracy beyond shooting steel gongs at 50 yards, but it did that well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The action is a close clone of Kimber of Oregons model 82 centerfire.
View Quote

And the stock has more than a little Magpul influence.    I like the look of the standard, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top