Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2021 3:54:38 AM EDT
About 15 years ago, give or take, I ran across 3 factory rimfire conversion kits for a FAL.  I bought them, sold them back off because at the time I only had a FAL with DSA's 11" barrel and the kit used barrel liners for full length FAL's.  I was such an idiot not realizing how rare these kits were.  They were very nice with barrel inserts and weighted magazines.  I have never seen a kit for sale before or after.  Has anyone?  I would sure love to get one of those kits again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve only seen one or two for sale Over the years… I think they were originally made for the German army and sold in a wood case if I’m not mistaken
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
HK made a bunch for the G1.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frens:
I've only seen one or two for sale Over the years I think they were originally made for the German army and sold in a wood case if I'm not mistaken
View Quote

Yes, they came in very nice fitted wood cases, top quality. I think 2 magazines and they were weighted to feel like they are loaded with 7.62.  Full length barrel insert.  The company I recently bought a select fire FAL from mentioned having them, but they didn't really have any.  I really can't believe I actually once bought three kits at the same time, thought nothing of them, and just got rid of them.  Definitely one of my greatest mistakes in the firearms world.  Another was choosing to buy a dealer sample select fire FAL when it was only $200 cheaper than the other three transferables being offered back in 2000.  The transferable today is worth 10 times what I paid back then for the dealer sample.  Sigh...
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
A guy made some about 10 years ago on FALfiles.

kurbelgehause is his user name.

https://www.falfiles.com/threads/new-production-22-fal-conversion-kit-project.304586/page-7#post-3126344

Just FYI.

He upgraded one of my kits to run full auto.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

https://www.falfiles.com/threads/new-production-22-fal-conversion-kit-project.304586/page-7#post-3126344

Just FYI.

View Quote

I had no money when he did his run.  He keeps saying he's planning on making more, but I'm still waiting.  I really want one of his kits.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGH456E] [#6]
Over the past year a few have shown up on GB......
(I usually found them on a "Erma conversion" search.)  
Erma was one of the companies that made them, along with HK.  
Though, supposedly, the HK ones work much better.  

I have 2...... a metric and inch pattern.....  

It's just the magazines have the respective lug on them..........  
Shoot well...............  

I pieced the inch one together....... I found a barrel, then BCG and finally the mags.  
Had a local woodsmith copy the box..........done and done.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Just FYI.

View Quote
Yep, and his kit runs great. I'm sure if he made more they'd sell out. I still need to make a storage case for mine, come to think of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top