Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 6:59:49 PM EDT
Ok, it's time.  I've had an approved form 1 for a 22 can for much longer than I care to admit and decided it's time to make it a reality.  After doing some research, I think I am going to go with XRT Tactical components due to good pricing and killer reviews.  I started to go down a rabbit hole of # of baffles vs volume and decided that some of the people have WAY more experience than I do.  I played around with a couple stack ups and can't decide which direction to go.  The hosts I have will be a Ruger 22/45 lite and a Marlin 795.  So...I did a design using 8, 10 and 13 baffles.  I'm leaning towards the 10, but could easily be swayed to the 8 or 13.  Currently, all of the designs use static spacing of the baffles, as I read that progressive spacing really isn't needed unless you are using supers all the time and/or center fire (no idea if that's an absolute or total BS).  If my math is right, all of the stack-ups should end up at 0.005 longer than available in the tube.  I figure this is ideal as it will allow me to fine tune the stack for a tight fit.  Please feel free to tell if I am doing it all wrong and need to go back to the drawing board or that I'm thinking about it way too hard.  I will be going with SS and Ti components as I never want to have to think about safe cleaning methods or worry about it ever wearing out.  Here is a screen shot of what I put together.  Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
5" tube
[email protected] and [email protected] w/ a 1/2" spacer. Bored "J" and double clipped 7/64 wide by .130 deep.

You will not regret
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5" tube
[email protected] and [email protected] w/ a 1/2" spacer. Bored "J" and double clipped 7/64 wide by .130 deep.

You will not regret
View Quote

My form 1 specifies 6". I know it can be changed, but would prefer not to mess with that. Then you for the feedback though!
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My form 1 specifies 6". I know it can be changed, but would prefer not to mess with that.
View Quote

You honestly don't need to worry about it.
My advice saves you money, weight, length,etc. I guarantee you an awesome silencer, if you follow the given advice.

You want to add an inch? Add [email protected] and change a .36 to another .4. Larger skirts towards muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Larger skirts towards muzzle.
View Quote
What's the rational for this vs having them on the higher pressure end?
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's the rational for this vs having them on the higher pressure end?
View Quote

@dmk0210
The muzzle side is the higher pressure end.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@dmk0210
The muzzle side is the higher pressure end.
View Quote
Yes, of course. I was thinking out at the exit end of the suppressor for some reason.

You meant the muzzle of the barrel.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top