Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/30/2020 12:09:58 PM EDT

Description
The Rat Blade from headhunterblades.com, became one of the premier blades in the training industry shortly after coming out in 2014.  The Rat, as it was when it first came out, was hand made and exclusively available only to MIL/LE.  Per their website "The Rat was designed by Harley Elmore, Tuhon in Sayoc Kali and Full Instructor under Dan Inosanto.  It was designed and created after years of working with the highest level of Military Operators and is the result of their direct feedback and Tuhon Harley's lifetime of training.  The Rat is specifically designed for ease of carrying, concealment, and deployment.  The length lets the user achieve the thrusting depth needed to reach deep arteries and internal organs.  The width allows for the blade to fit into tight openings in the bone.  The narrow spear-like point configuration is designed for maximum penetration through web gear and clothing.  The unique finger choil allows for quick, dexterous changes in direction and prevents riding up onto blade’s edge"  I believe I purchased my first Rat blade sometime in late 2015? Then I got a contoured handle version.

View Quote

Read the full review here -> https://www.vdmsr.com/2020/04/the-rat-blade.html
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an expensive knockoff of the CRKT C/K Dragon.  That sells for about $25.  IMHO.

Paladin
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
VDMSR, do you own all the knives you post?  You have some cool blades in the knife picture thread.  It was because of your photos of the AMTAC Northman that I looked into them and bought one.  I spend too much money on knives as it is and this thread isn't helping me save money lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stretch_1983:
VDMSR, do you own all the knives you post?  You have some cool blades in the knife picture thread.  It was because of your photos of the AMTAC Northman that I looked into them and bought one.  I spend too much money on knives as it is and this thread isn't helping me save money lol.
View Quote

Of course.  I only review items I actually use (unlike others) and the stuff I post photos of I use.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top