Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2017 7:55:05 AM EDT
Could someone clarify the responsible persons portion of the ffl application? I'm in the process for my 01FFL and am planning on running it out of my house for a while. When I am not working could whoever is home sign for firearms? Or do they have to be listed as a responsible person?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Any adult can sign for packages, if the FFL is you and not a LLC, you are the responsible party. Not a lawyer, but stayed at a Holliday Inn Express.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any adult can sign for packages, if the FFL is you and not a LLC, you are the responsible party. Not a lawyer, but stayed at a Holliday Inn Express.
View Quote
That's the way I read it. I contacted the atf to clear it up and they told my local field office was who would be able to tell me. A week and a half and I have yet to hear from them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Could someone clarify the responsible persons portion of the ffl application? I'm in the process for my 01FFL and am planning on running it out of my house for a while. When I am not working could whoever is home sign for firearms? Or do they have to be listed as a responsible person?

Thanks guys.
View Quote

If you read the instructions on the Form 7, you'll find the answer:
Responsible Person - In addition to a Sole Proprietor, a Responsible Person is, in the case of a Corporation, Partnership, or Association, any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management, policies, and practices of the Corporation, Partnership, or Association, insofar as they pertain to firearms.

That has nothing to do with signing for a package.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What the others have said.  RP's are basically store managers or owners who can make business decisions on behalf of the company.

Anyone at home can sign if they are of age.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top