Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2020 10:51:41 AM EDT
Anyone got any pics/measurements of how the BM59 Para stock is put together?
Where the wood was cut, shaped, how it is attached to the skeleton stock folding assembly?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get what you need?  I just committed to buying a stock with no metal so if you have the metal I may need your info to fabricate a stock/grip for mine

I may decide to try something unconventional like an AK folder too.  I haven’t decided but the price of the stock was good and I am preparing to have a BM59 ital built so couldn’t pass up buying.
View Quote

I've seen the grips sold by themselves within the last year or so.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 5:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Quarterbore:
M1G - is that your Para?  
View Quote

Yes I had Shuff build this years ago before the BM59 kits hit the US. It took me some time to gather all the parts and paid more for them than what those parts sell for today
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
M1G - is that your Para?  I am getting ready to send my BM59Ital kit to Shuff and I bought both the para muzzle break and para stock as frankly the Para is just cool and unusual.  I am holding onto my wood stock though in case shooting it is no fun.  

By the time I am done I will regret that I sold my Para FAL as this gun would complement the Para FAL quite well.
View Quote

How long ago did you get the para tricomp?  I've been trying to find one for three years.  I've only seen one for sale that was not one of the cut and shortened Reese ones, and it was in Italy.  It included the grenade sight that was shaped to clear the wider dimensions at the rear of the para tricomp.  By the time I found someone in Italy willing to get it for me and ship it here (the seller didn't want to ship outside of the EU), the listing was gone.  Good price for it, too.  Maybe a couple hundred.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got it a couple days ago. 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866144496

Honestly I watched it a couple days before I decided to get it plus a complete para stock plus the NIW Para wood.  

I got into this one late do I am searching for the leftover scraps.
View Quote

Wow, I might have to sell mine at that price. I had 4 of them at one time and sold them all off for less than $100 ea
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

How long ago did you get the para tricomp?  I've been trying to find one for three years.  I've only seen one for sale that was not one of the cut and shortened Reese ones, and it was in Italy.  It included the grenade sight that was shaped to clear the wider dimensions at the rear of the para tricomp.  By the time I found someone in Italy willing to get it for me and ship it here (the seller didn't want to ship outside of the EU), the listing was gone.  Good price for it, too.  Maybe a couple hundred.
View Quote

I built mine in 2012 when most BM59 parts where real hard to find. I see these stocks come up for sale on various auction sites and gun forums now and then. You just cant mess around when they do as they don't last long. Go over to Shuffs forum and ask, someone may have a extra
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M1G:

I built mine in 2012 when most BM59 parts where real hard to find. I see these stocks come up for sale on various auction sites and gun forums now and then. You just cant mess around when they do as they don't last long. Go over to Shuffs forum and ask, someone may have a extra
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

How long ago did you get the para tricomp?  I've been trying to find one for three years.  I've only seen one for sale that was not one of the cut and shortened Reese ones, and it was in Italy.  It included the grenade sight that was shaped to clear the wider dimensions at the rear of the para tricomp.  By the time I found someone in Italy willing to get it for me and ship it here (the seller didn't want to ship outside of the EU), the listing was gone.  Good price for it, too.  Maybe a couple hundred.

I built mine in 2012 when most BM59 parts where real hard to find. I see these stocks come up for sale on various auction sites and gun forums now and then. You just cant mess around when they do as they don't last long. Go over to Shuffs forum and ask, someone may have a extra

Stocks are around.  Sad thing is that some European vendors have them in decent numbers and at great prices, but won't ship to the U.S.  Prices are substantial here, and they tend to be on the rougher side, but you can still get one if you want one.

The para tricompensators are another story.  Very rare to see one come up for sale, and when they are available, the price tends to be very high and they get snatched up quickly.  In recent times, WTB ads I've seen on Shuff's forum have pretty much been responded to with, "Good luck."
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got it a couple days ago. 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866144496

Honestly I watched it a couple days before I decided to get it plus a complete para stock plus the NIW Para wood.  

I got into this one late do I am searching for the leftover scraps.
View Quote

Nice.  On the one hand, I wish I'd seen that (and I would have been bidding on it for sure).  On the other hand, it went above what I can afford to pay right now, so it would have been a bit frustrating to finally have one come up for sale, only to be unable to get it.

Getting a Garand receiver at a decent price has also been an issue, especially if I don't want a Springfield.  I'm over trying to get an Italian receiver for this build, although I wouldn't pass one up if I had the money and opportunity.  You can almost get a complete rifle from the CMP for the prices I'm seeing.

Unlike my AR and FAL builds, I can't break down the BM-59 into more affordable bites.  Seems like I'll have to have some good chunks of change saved up for each of the next steps (Garand receiver and then getting it sent to Shufflin for work).

Getting a couple of extra standard tricompensators to turn into ban-compliant devices (one CA-compliant, retaining the compensator, booster chamber, and bayonet mounting capabilities; and one that should be compliant with all bans, only retaining the booster chamber function) has also been an issue, as most vendors seem to think that the device are not legal in CA (which isn't really true, although having one on the rifle would be a problem, making it an AW).
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#15]
$700 is crazy money, I would buy a complete field or service  grade, use the receiver and sell off the rest of parts to recoup some of your money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I can relate to the comment on the Beretta receivers.  There is a stripped one on the CMP forums for $700 and someone needs to buy it before I do 

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=261000

If they drop the price to $500 I will be very tempted but even at $500 that seems like a premium price to me.
View Quote

$500-700 is what I'm seeing for American-produced receivers right now.  I'd be willing to pay $500 for an Italian receiver, and probably not much more than that, but it's a tad much for an American receiver.  Might as well buy a CMP Garand and sell off the other parts at those prices.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#17]
$700 is crazy money, I would buy a complete field or service  grade, use the receiver and sell off the rest of parts to recoup some of your money.
View Quote

Pretty much, although I don't think you can get an Italian Garand through CMP.

I wish those cheap Italian receivers in Canada were available here. I think they were or are going for $50 or something like that up there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#18]
No you cant get a Italian garand through CMP. Just use a American receiver, the Italians used American parts in their rifles so whats it matter. You are just making a BM59 clone anyways as the originals were select fire
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
No you cant get a Italian garand through CMP. Just use a American receiver, the Italians used American parts in their rifles so whats it matter. You are just making a BM59 clone anyways as the originals were select fire
View Quote

I'm going to use an American one for this build, but I have a future project for which I'd like a Beretta receiver (to clone one of the early BM-59s) and as many PB-marked parts as possible, with a really nice stock and handguard.  They looked like a Tanker Garand, albeit a tad shorter.  Select-fire versions of this style were also made, including ones with reduced firing rates and also limited to three-round burst.

Of course, American receivers seem to be going for almost the same money for some reason right now, so if I had a choice between an American one and Italian one for similar pricing, I'd go with the latter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top