Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2017 7:38:56 AM EDT
Bought a Fleming HK sear from a dealer who had multiples for sale. Form 3 approved and the Fleming sear arrived at my local Class 3 dealer today. Went in to get the Form 4 going and noticed the manufacturer is listed as "Heckler and Koch". This is a Fleming Sear that shouldn't be married to a host. Model is listed as HK and the Caliber is listed as N/A.
My local Class 3 Dealer says they can only file a Form 4 under what the ATF approved under the Form 3. (Seems like some people have had success making adjustments post Form 3 for a new Form 4 though?)
Called the selling dealer up wondering if this was an unlikely mistake... because they've sold several Fleming sears. Apparently the original Form 4s for these sears were done in the 80's/90's and that the ATF requested "Heckler and Koch" as the manufacturer now. Form 3 was approved by the ATF so I'm a bit confused as to how to proceed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Send it exactly as the form 3 lists it. If the atf isn't happy with that they will get with the dealer and you can correct it then. Kinda a toss up on which way they will go with it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup. don’t change anything unless you love to wait and waiting game is your passion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup. don’t change anything unless you love to wait and waiting game is your passion.
View Quote
Agreed. My M16 had the most crack pot model name written on the form 4, think it was like "Model: FAM16CARBINE", the side of the lower only says M16, I don't know what they were smoking when they filled out the firm 4.

My dealer corrected it to "Model: M16" but the ATF rejected and made him revise it to say the previous version.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! Gonna have the form 4 submitted today.

The original form 4 to the selling dealer was listed as Fleming Firearms. Approved Form 3 to my local dealer is as Heckler and Koch. Gonna go with it. Got a paper record so I feel fine about it now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm assuming the Fleming SN is listed.....not that of an HK's receiver ???
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm assuming the Fleming SN is listed.....not that of an HK's receiver ???
View Quote
Ya it’s the Fleming SN.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
All the Fleming Sear forms I have seen are:

Fleming Firearms
7720 E 126th St N
Collinsville, OK

SN are of the form H****, model is HK, caliber is 9/223/308

I would make sure the sear markings are correct. Do a FOIA and see what it says, then correct it based on the FOIA.

Quoted:
Called the selling dealer up wondering if this was an unlikely mistake... because they've sold several Fleming sears. Apparently the original Form 4s for these sears were done in the 80's/90's and that the ATF requested "Heckler and Koch" as the manufacturer now. Form 3 was approved by the ATF so I'm a bit confused as to how to proceed.
View Quote

Yeah I would file that under gunstore BS. I have bought sold Fleming sears in last 12 months and that was not requested.

Quoted:
Thanks guys! Gonna have the form 4 submitted today.

The original form 4 to the selling dealer was listed as Fleming Firearms. Approved Form 3 to my local dealer is as Heckler and Koch. Gonna go with it. Got a paper record so I feel fine about it now.
View Quote
What was date of the f4? What is the address of the MFG?

Go with what you want, but I would not perjure myself by signing a form with information I KNOW to be false.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Mines is not multi.....

it just has 308/9mm on it.

I don't see .223.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mines is not multi.....

it just has 308/9mm on it.
I don't see .223.
View Quote
This doesn’t matter. Copy what’s on the current form. ATF no longer wants multiple calibers listed. It’s still lawful to use with any caliber. Really, “N/A” is the correct info, but don’t use that unless you’re copying the existing form. 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Same as everyone stated above.  There's a bunch of real weird stuff like that on MGs... not really uncommon at all.

The ATF has an idea of what they want, and often times it's not exactly correct.  A current example is the GemTech Mist.  They have no clue what the length is supposed to be.  I've seen four different lengths the ATF has decided they want.  

What the Form 3 says, if they have an issue they'll correct it.
View Quote
A buddy of mine bought a Fleming sear out of Shotgun News. When it transferred in, he went to see it. There was a Franchi LF-57 in the box. Nothing in that gun that didn't speak Italian.

I have heard of other Fleming 'funny guns' since.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine bought a Fleming sear out of Shotgun News. When it transferred in, he went to see it. There was a Franchi LF-57 in the box. Nothing in that gun that didn't speak Italian.

I have heard of other Fleming 'funny guns' since.
View Quote
Lol... reminds me of my favorite Inglorious Basterds scene.

And LF-57 over there speaks the 3rd best Italian. ("I don't speak any Italian!") Like I said, third best. Just keep your mouth shut. In fact, why don't you start practicing that now?    
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah that's something I haven't seen before.  Mine definitely reads like what RenegadeX posted.

Not sure what to tell you to do, honestly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
If it was something i really didnt like and i knew what i was putting down wouldn't cause an issue for future buyers id change it and submit, it may or may no go through....just have to decide if you hate the issue enough to possibly wait longer..

Sometime makes are made and approved on previous transfers, they can be addressed or left as is....your preference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top