Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2022 9:06:08 AM EDT
Anyone know how to remove the dial?  Want to clean/lube it as its starting to get a bit sticky.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
once you get the inside cover off the safe door you should be able to see how to service it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Tried that, unless I know what I'm doing not gonna just start pulling stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
just lube it and see if it helps
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried that, it did not.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
take everything out of it till you get it repaired properly
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
This is an excellent video about how to install a mechanical combination lock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmLG8tNfWQ
It should give you an idea how to disassemble the lock.

I have seen old dials filled with grease which got stiff. Cleaning this away is important. If you relube it, then only very little. Often the urge to grease it is caused by some other problem, e.g. misaligned dial, which was then "fixed" temporarily by grease.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is an excellent video about how to install a mechanical combination lock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmLG8tNfWQ
It should give you an idea how to disassemble the lock.

I have seen old dials filled with grease which got stiff. Cleaning this away is important. If you relube it, then only very little. Often the urge to grease it is caused by some other problem, e.g. misaligned dial, which was then "fixed" temporarily by grease.
View Quote

@MartinHewitt
That video was spot on, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top