Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2021 8:23:59 PM EDT
A quick search didn't turn up much, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for Temperature / Humidity sensors that are WiFi enabled to send remote alerts? This is for a secure room so size isn't a concern & plug in might be preferred to eliminate messing with batteries.

I found an item introduced last year called the Lockdown Puck (or The Puck by Lockdown?) which also includes motion sensors. Seemed like a good fit but the reviews are mediocre so I'm wondering if there are other options?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a sensor in our server room in the office.  It plugs into a switch, so it's not WIFI, but by now there probably is an option.  Search for NTI Enviromux.  NTI = Network Technologies, Inc.  Ours is more than 10 years old, has a Temp Monitor port, 4 Dry Contact ports and 1 Water Contact port.

On the other hand, just get a Honeywell WIFI thermostat and set it up to alert you by email to temperature and humidity spikes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you need true wifi so it can be network connected or stand-alone wireless is acceptable?

If the latter there are plenty of options. I use a base station plus 3 remote sensors to monitor my crawlspace, storage room, and safe. Base station displays temp and humidity of each of the 4 locations simultaneously.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
@SWMP15AOP - The NTI equip is prob a a bit of overkill. Pretty cool though. The thermostat idea might work. I'd need to cobble together a power supply to work with it. No thermostat in the room I intend to use it in.

@SigOwner_P229 - I'm looking for network connected so I can check info when I'm away from home & hopefully receive alerts.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top