Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2018 10:14:03 PM EDT
I have a 1917 Remington Nagant.  I bought it sight unseen with the intention of restoring it knowing some jackwagon bubbad it.  After i got it i realised there is not bringing it back to original bit it shoots great.  Would you have the receiver tapped for a scope mount or just stay irons?  No the rear sight cant be used, the one thats there is not original and is tac welded in place.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Stock?

Honestly...probably not much...$100
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I had mine tapped.  Paid $50 for the sporter and it came with a fare-thee-well trigger.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So no party foul drilling it for a scope.  I wanted to save her but now i want to make a shooter
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to scout mount or put on a bent bolt carrier handle?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Have to go bent bolt, the welded rear sight base means no scout mount on this rifle.  Whoever bubbaed this did a hell of a job.  I have spare bolt bodies so i will use one of those for the bent bolt just put the bolt face on it.  I have another 91/30 that was sporterized with a walnut monte carlo stock that has a scout scope on the dove tail mount.  Its pretty nice.  I have a lot of nagants.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics of rifle?

Is the rear sight welded or soldered on cuz I think sometimes the sights were soldered. Can the weld be ground off?

I'd hate to see it get drilled and tapped.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics of rifle?

Is the rear sight welded or soldered on cuz I think sometimes the sights were soldered. Can the weld be ground off?

I'd hate to see it get drilled and tapped.
View Quote
Make OP an offer then.  There's nothing wrong w/ improving a rifle w/ updated technology.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of the original rear sight bases were silver soldered in place.  My other one was.  Little love with the torch and they pop right off.  I dont have pics handy as im casted up after surgury but the rear isnt removable.  It is a nice rear sight, better than stock for sure.  Sitting here trqpped on the couch i have time to think, hence the post
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]
And i too hate to drill, thats why we have rem 700s
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you sure  it is not a cadet rifle?  Post a pic to make sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I am trying to upload from my phone. Its definitely a remington nagant.  Got the rear sight loose but the chopped barrel and front sight keep her from ever being original.  If i ever figure out loading the pics they will be here
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am trying to upload from my phone. Its definitely a remington nagant.  Got the rear sight loose but the chopped barrel and front sight keep her from ever being original.  If i ever figure out loading the pics they will be here
View Quote
Yeah, make sure it is not a cadet rifle before going too far. The US chopped them down and put 1903 style peep sights on them and used them for training rifles after the bolshevik revolution. Should have some flameing bomb proof marks if that is the case. Beyond that not much harm in customiseing it further, as it is not worth much more then as parts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
" />

" />

" />

It is out of the stock because the stock was junk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top