Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 10:42:41 PM EDT
Ok this is a old shotgun.  Purchased during the koren war time frame.  16 gauge sportsman.  I dont know all the correct part names. But when you drift the last pin out of the bolt to remove a block that is blocking it from coming out the front. There is a whole on the left side of the receiver to tap it out.  But there is no space cut out on the righr side of the receiver. What do i do.  This was my grandfathers high-school graduation present and he passed many years ago.  I got it from my grandmother when she went in to a home.  I need to clean the internals of this thing.  It is a little nasty.  Old oil and some black grime are in a lot of places.   Thank you to anyone that can help.  I can send pics of problem if needed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Are there any YouTube instructions for an A5? It should be close. If not, and you don’t feel comfortable experimenting, clean it out in a parts washer, or spray out with a cheap can or two of carburetor cleaner.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok this is a old shotgun.  Purchased during the koren war time frame.  16 gauge sportsman.  I dont know all the correct part names. But when you drift the last pin out of the bolt to remove a block that is blocking it from coming out the front. There is a whole on the left side of the receiver to tap it out.  But there is no space cut out on the righr side of the receiver. What do i do.  This was my grandfathers high-school graduation present and he passed many years ago.  I got it from my grandmother when she went in to a home.  I need to clean the internals of this thing.  It is a little nasty.  Old oil and some black grime are in a lot of places.   Thank you to anyone that can help.  I can send pics of problem if needed.
View Quote

Is there not a little half moon (hole) cut out below the slide slot for the I'm going to call the charging handle. Part of the pin will come out of the charging handle slot and the other part through the half moon hole.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Got it.  Had to use a 1/16 drill bit to drift it out going from right side to the hole on the left side.  Kinda scary at first but easily do able.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it.  Had to use a 1/16 drill bit to drift it out going from right side to the hole on the left side.  Kinda scary at first but easily do able.
View Quote

Okay that makes sense. Just looked at my 12 gauge model 11 and the hole on the left side is much bigger then the one on my Browning A5. The pin on the Browning comes out left to right. Glad it worked out for you.

Craig
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Okay that makes sense. Just looked at my 12 gauge model 11 and the hole on the left side is much bigger then the one on my Browning A5. The pin on the Browning comes out left to right. Glad it worked out for you.

Craig
View Quote

I have a Remington Model 11 and a Browning A5. The A5 has a rounded slot in the ejection port to allow the bolt pin to be driven out. I just used a rat tail file to make a similar slot in the rail of the Model 11. It works for me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a Remington Model 11 and a Browning A5. The A5 has a rounded slot in the ejection port to allow the bolt pin to be driven out. I just used a rat tail file to make a similar slot in the rail of the Model 11. It works for me.
View Quote

That would work. I have seen some model 11's with the little half moon hole on the right side just like the A5's. I have a 1913 model 11 coming my way tomorrow

Craig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top