Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Chiappa Charles Daly Honcho Tactical 14" Semi-Auto 12 Gauge

Another short firearms option.  Does anyone know what the base gun is for these?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Chiappa Charles Daly Honcho Tactical 14" Semi-Auto 12 Gauge

Another short firearms option.  Does anyone know what the base gun is for these?
View Quote

One of their semi auto guns? They do a couple
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsucraig] [#3]
I have a V3 Tactical that I would like to put a Magpul 870 stock on, but the V3 doesn't come with the 870 adapter like the Tac-13. Does anyone here that is no longer using the adapter want to sell theirs?

ETS:
@bigcraig
@hoothrewpoo
@cavegeo
@HK_DUDE
@Digger440
@timccart
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Does the Remington V3 "Sport" 3-shot shotgun (full size shotgun) have a plug to limit it to 3 rounds or is there more blocking it?

At the current prices for a V3 TAC-13, It seems one could buy a full size V3, FORM-1 it to SBS,  chop it to length, add mag extention, etc cheaper including paying the $200 tax.

That model doesn't work for those in non-NFA states or not wanting to invite NFA hassles, but I'm considering it versus paying $1500 for a TAC-13.
View Quote

Mine came with a plug, uninstalled. I came to the same conclusion as you. I'm sending mine to get chopped with SBS stamp, rather than pay a premium for the Tac-13.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:

Mine came with a plug, uninstalled. I came to the same conclusion as you. I'm sending mine to get chopped with SBS stamp, rather than pay a premium for the Tac-13.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
Does the Remington V3 "Sport" 3-shot shotgun (full size shotgun) have a plug to limit it to 3 rounds or is there more blocking it?

At the current prices for a V3 TAC-13, It seems one could buy a full size V3, FORM-1 it to SBS,  chop it to length, add mag extention, etc cheaper including paying the $200 tax.

That model doesn't work for those in non-NFA states or not wanting to invite NFA hassles, but I'm considering it versus paying $1500 for a TAC-13.

Definitely the least expensive route.

If you bought a Tac 13 before the panic, I'd say stamp it as is, which is my plan.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigcraig] [#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigcraig:

@jsucraig

Sorry, just now seeing this.

Not planning on selling the original adapter, if the ATF goes full retard on braces, I will more than likely SBS my Tac13 and put a Magpul SGA on it.
View Quote

@bigcraig pm inbound
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsucraig] [#8]
Would any of you be willing to ship your currently unused adapter to me so that I could possibly get it fabricated? I would pay shipping both ways and reimburse you for your kindness.

ETA: I was not clear as to what I am asking. I have a Remington V3 Tactical and would like to put a Magpul SGA 870 or an 870 youth Stock on it. To accomplish this I would need the adapter that the TAC-13 came from the factory with since the birds head grip for the TAC-13 is the same as the TAC-14. Some of you that have TAC-13s have traded out the birds head grip for a brace that has it's own adapter to the TAC-13. IF you have installed one of these braces and are not currently using or no longer need the adapter I would be willing to purchase the factory adapter or pay to have it shipped to me and returned to you after a machine shop fabricates one for me. I would also reimburse you for your kindness.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
My cdnn wood came in this week. Any suggestions on a recoil pad? I was thinking about doing a classic red on, but that may not look great on the modern action.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#11]
My cdnn wood came in this week. Any suggestions on a recoil pad? I was thinking about doing a classic red on, but that may not look great on the modern action.
View Quote

Black recoil pads usually go with everything. Is there any availability on the factory Remington pad?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Black recoil pads usually go with everything. Is there any availability on the factory Remington pad?
View Quote

I haven't even checked. That's a good idea though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I haven't seen them up close but I think they just snap in place and don't have to be fit which would be nice. Might be worth checking with Limbsaver as that's probably who made the damn thing.

No idea on this guys credibility but he lists a specific part number for limbsaver
https://www.randywakeman.com/LimbsaverAirTechRecoilPadFunwiththeRemingtonV3.htm
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:23:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I haven't seen them up close but I think they just snap in place and don't have to be fit which would be nice. Might be worth checking with Limbsaver as that's probably who made the damn thing.

No idea on this guys credibility but he lists a specific part number for limbsaver
https://www.randywakeman.com/LimbsaverAirTechRecoilPadFunwiththeRemingtonV3.htm
View Quote

I just ordered that, thanks. Looks like the factory pad is OOS everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Will Remington ever come back? Will the V3 line let alone any Remington Shotgun be made again?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Will Remington ever come back? Will the V3 line let alone any Remington Shotgun be made again?
View Quote

Definitely
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Well crap.... the wood forearm doesn't work with the synthetic vented gas block. Looks like I need an updated barrel to make the switch. I'm thinking of doing some inletting and see if I can make it work.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Well crap.... the wood forearm doesn't work with the synthetic vented gas block. Looks like I need an updated barrel to make the switch. I'm thinking of doing some inletting and see if I can make it work.
View Quote
Are you putting them on the TAC13?
If so, you are okay.  

Originally Posted By mjb:Great question RE changing the gas plugs out for vent tubes with a wood forearm...Why do it?
Randy Wakeman seems to think that the short barrel of the Tac-13 doesn't require a change.

https://www.randywakeman.com/AnalysisGasandRemingtonV3.htm

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I kind of like wood, so I bought a wood forend from CDNN (it was only 39.00 so I don't have to install it, it can live in a box if this doesn't work out)

There are not pics out there on the net, so I only can make a wild ass guess as to how a Tac13 will look with a wooden forend, pistol grip and an SBA3.

Any thoughts, I am leaning toward the Karl Nill grip. But, the Blackwood has a black aluminum frame that would sort of match the SBA-3?

The Forend

There are 3 PGs I am looking at

Custom Firearm Products

Blackwood USA

Karl Nill Grips
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jsucraig:
Would any of you be willing to ship your currently unused adapter to me so that I could possibly get it fabricated? I would pay shipping both ways and reimburse you for your kindness.

ETA: I was not clear as to what I am asking. I have a Remington V3 Tactical and would like to put a Magpul SGA 870 or an 870 youth Stock on it. To accomplish this I would need the adapter that the TAC-13 came from the factory with since the birds head grip for the TAC-13 is the same as the TAC-14. Some of you that have TAC-13s have traded out the birds head grip for a brace that has it's own adapter to the TAC-13. IF you have installed one of these braces and are not currently using or no longer need the adapter I would be willing to purchase the factory adapter or pay to have it shipped to me and returned to you after a machine shop fabricates one for me. I would also reimburse you for your kindness.
View Quote

@jsucraig
PM me if you're still looking to borrow an adapter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:

@jsucraig
View Quote

PM Sent
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By timccart:
Are you putting them on the TAC13?
If so, you are okay.  

Originally Posted By mjb:Great question RE changing the gas plugs out for vent tubes with a wood forearm...Why do it?
Randy Wakeman seems to think that the short barrel of the Tac-13 doesn't require a change.

https://www.randywakeman.com/AnalysisGasandRemingtonV3.htm

View Quote

Fullsize field. The forearm won't fit over the gas plugs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Pics?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I realize this is somewhat against my interest of winning an auction, but as a community service I'll mention that a Gunbroker seller has listed 5 Tac-13s up for auction.  1 as a buy-it-now for $2400, the others as penny auctions which are scattered from $1200-$300 with 6 days to go.  It will be interesting to see if posting a bunch at once will dilute the market a little, maybe these will only get up to $2000 or so?  Most have been going for mid-$2000s lately.   Or maybe they think if Remington is about to start producing again, maybe the supply will loosen up soon and this is their last chance for big bucks?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully........ they are doing this as a last chance for making big profit. As I want to pick up a V3 but I'm not going to pay ridiculous prices.  Here is to hoping the new Remington starts churning them out!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I realize this is somewhat against my interest of winning an auction, but as a community service I'll mention that a Gunbroker seller has listed 5 Tac-13s up for auction.  1 as a buy-it-now for $2400, the others as penny auctions which are scattered from $1200-$300 with 6 days to go.  It will be interesting to see if posting a bunch at once will dilute the market a little, maybe these will only get up to $2000 or so?  Most have been going for mid-$2000s lately.   Or maybe they think if Remington is about to start producing again, maybe the supply will loosen up soon and this is their last chance for big bucks?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/13_png-1820274.JPG
View Quote

Update

These 5 and a number of others popped up lately.  LOWEST final price was $2,200.  Several over $3,000, with one at $3,850 after 59 bids.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Hell I may list mine if they're going for that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ch1966] [#28]

Definitely
View Quote
IMO V3 is the best semi auto shotgun Remington has ever made and is arguably better than the 870 as overall winner.  It has to come back.

I mounted a Scalarworks SYNC with an RMR on my comptac.
I like it so far but one of the mount screws was defective.
waiting to hear from Sw...

Updated: Sw will have tracking for me today!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Eames:
Hell I may list mine if they're going for that.
View Quote

5 or 6 more penny auctions went up this morning.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#30]
Hey, I heard you like picatinny rails so I put a picatinny rail on your vent rib!!
And some other pointy bits!  Make it look mean!

Some time later...
(Prosecutor) "And what type of gun did you use to defend your lawful abode from sumdood repeatedly shoot that innocent magazine salesman?"
(you) "mubelFear-mumble"
(Prosecutor) "I'm sorry, I didn't hear that.  Say it louder."
(you) ".... F -F -F Fear-114"
(Prosecutor) "That's still not quite right, what is it?"
(you) "FEAR-114"
(jury) *gasps*

BIN $650  Garaysar FEAR-114 Semi Auto 12 ga BLACK Not Shockwave Remington Tac 13
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Just thought I would share the new furniture. I couldnt resist the 39.00 wood set from CDNN and a Blackwood AR grip matches the color of the factory V3 wood pretty well.

Before

After

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I happened to find a Knoxx Spec Ops pistol grip with fold-over (wire) stock in the parts bin. It came off of an 870 I picked up a few years ago. I like the idea of a folder for a Tac13, and really like using parts I already have. Any chance this thing would be compatible, perhaps with a shim?  I don't have the Tac13 in-hand yet, so can't play around with it till it gets here. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:04:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavegeo] [#34]
Originally Posted By NJrefugee:
I happened to find a Knoxx Spec Ops pistol grip with fold-over (wire) stock in the parts bin. It came off of an 870 I picked up a few years ago. I like the idea of a folder for a Tac13, and really like using parts I already have. Any chance this thing would be compatible, perhaps with a shim?  I don't have the Tac13 in-hand yet, so can't play around with it till it gets here. Thoughts?
View Quote

Tac-13 is not based on the 870 model shotguns.  

It is a V3 model shotgun so not compatible.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#35]

@jsucraig
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jsucraig:

@jsucraig

Thanks to the generosity & patience of @PNFLDS and the skill of a local machinist I now have not 1 but 2 TAC-13 v3 to 870 adapters for my Versamax V3 Tactical. Now I can put a Magpul SGA 870 stock on my Versamax and actually be able to comfortably shoot it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Holy crap I bought mine a while back for... $750?  $950?  I don't remember, but <$1k and felt a little like I was overpaying.  I'm a little tempted to sell mine at these prices.  I've only shot it like twice.  But it's my only shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:
Holy crap I bought mine a while back for... $750?  $950?  I don't remember, but <$1k and felt a little like I was overpaying.  I'm a little tempted to sell mine at these prices.  I've only shot it like twice.  But it's my only shotgun.
View Quote

I've got a search on Gunbroker, everything is consistently above $2,000, even $2,500.  Ridiculous.
Hopefully Remington reopening will shake some things loose, eventually.  You would think they could up the MSRP to $1400 or so and sell a bunch.  Lots more profit there than in a normal V3.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I was sure the hype would die down and these would get cheaper if I just waited a little longer

Worked out about as well as most of my long term predictions
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Midway is clearing out their braces, so the Tac-13 brace kits are available in either SBA3 or SBA4 variants for $127
Midway SBA3
Midway SBA4
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 4:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eac223] [#40]
Anybody have an idea lf the new rem arms is going to be producing the tac 13 again?
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#41]
Originally Posted By eac223:
Anybody have an idea lf the new rem arms is going to be producing the tac 13 again?
View Quote

Reposted from deals thread.  Today Dahlonega Armory had them briefly on sale for $825!!
I have not heard Remington is back making V3 or Tac13, but one hopes this is a sign they are back.
Dahlonega is OOS now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Grab a Gun in stock for $1300
Ouch, but available at retail
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Busy morning, thought I had one...
Dahlonega Armory had them in stock too for $755!  I was checking out when they pulled it from my cart
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 8:36:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mmorohpmoly] [#44]
Grab a Gun in stock for $1300
Ouch, but available at retail
View Quote

Now $1500.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Back again at GrabaGun for $1500.  I'm not even going to renew my "alert me when back in stock" subscription.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#46]
According to Lucky Gunner's latest shockwave skill video, the new Remington apparently has the Tac-13 back on the dealer order list.  No news on real availability yet.

Why I Stopped Hating the Shockwave (And Other Stockless Shotguns)
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#47]
Deep archive bump, Grabagun had Tac-13 available for at least a moment this morning, for $1000 $985!!
I was ready to buy when getting notification, damn the credit card, but it was back OOS when I got there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Deep archive bump, Grabagun had Tac-13 available for at least a moment this morning, for $1000 $985!!
I was ready to buy when getting notification, damn the credit card, but it was back OOS when I got there.
View Quote

They had them today but marked at $1300, guess they realized demand is still high.  Sold out too, maybe slower this time?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#50]
One can buy the full sized shotgun and cut it/SBS for $1k less than the TAC-13 high prices mentioned above.

I'd be interested in any Garaysar Fear 118 , etc reviews.  Seems like its another gun where its heavy loads to break in and if you do it it can run on lighter loads.  Haven't read too many reviews on those, but they are maybe $1k less than Remington
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top