Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/16/2020 1:19:21 PM EDT
So saw this earlier today and it appears to just be a simple rebrand under Remington after they dissolved Bushmaster.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/5/15/first-look-remington-r2mi-bolt-action-rifle/

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/05/15/remington-announces-r2mi-50-caliber-bolt-action-rifle

More
SUBSCRIBE
New from Remington is the massive R2Mi bolt-action .50 BMG rifle designed for extreme long-range pursuits. A freefloated barrel, with 8-groove, 1:15-inch twist rifling is designed for achieving sub-MOA accuracy from match-grade .50 BMG. With a left-hand operated bolt handle and ejection occurring on the right-hand side, the R2Mi is designed to be easy to cycle without the shooter having to adjust position. The padded stock allows for adjustments in cheek height and length-of-pull, while maintaining straight, clean lines.

Remington bills its new R2Mi rifle as one of the simplest .50 BMG rifles to assemble and maintain. Its upper receiver locks to the lower receiver with two integral pins, and its full-length Picatinny rail accommodates a wide range of optics. The RT2Mi disassembles like an AR-type rifle for cleaning and maintenance. A 10-round removable-box magazine feeds the R2Mi, all at an MSRP significantly less than $5,000.

If you've been waiting for a removable-box fed, bolt-action .50 BMG rifle set up for a suppressor, the R2Mi is right up your alley. Whether it's hitting targets at a mile out or farther or simply bragging rights at your local 200 yard range, there's plenty of reasons to look into this new bolt-action, big-bore .50 BMG rifle from Remington.

Specifications:

Bolt action: left bolt / right port, for faster cycling of action
Barrel length: 30 inches
Barrel profile: Lothar-Walther barrel free-floated within vented hand guard
Overall length: 57 inches
Lower receiver: T6-6061 aluminum billet
Upper receiver: Includes MIL-STD 1913 rail on receiver; vented hand guard
Finish: Hard-anodized type 3 green finish on aluminum parts (Mil-Spec), Manganese-phosphate finish on steel parts
Muzzle Device: AAC muzzle brake to accept Cyclops silencer
Accessories: Steel bipod with folding legs, custom Pelican Storm Case, two 10-round magazines, hearing and eye protection and cable lock
MSRP: $4,599
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw that on facebook last week or so. There is no way id buy a remington 50 with the qc they have now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Haha right? Should have at least tried to make the BM-50 and ACR Remington products before canning Bushmaster. Now we've got the bones of companies picked clean by a hostile CM firm trying to sell us what's left of their portfolio on the heels of various cost cutting measures. I don't know that I want $3,000-$5,000 tied up in Cerberus products and I definitely don't want Remington quality between a 50BMG and my face!

Same reason I budgeted for an AAC Cyclops and, when it was go time, decided that money was better spent elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My homie has that .50 & I can say that the magazines just suck balls just like if they were promags, the rounds nose dive most of the time no matter how many we stuffed in the mag . Accuracy was not too bad though .
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My homie has that .50 & I can say that the magazines just suck balls just like if they were promags, the rounds nose dive most of the time no matter how many we stuffed in the mag . Accuracy was not too bad though .
View Quote

Looks like they tried to use the Barrett mag in it.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top