[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck.
View Quote

That’s what I thought
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I searched for one on and off for two or three years.  Lucked into one on Gunbroker about a year ago.  As already said . . . good luck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You can find them on eBay from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s what I thought
View Quote

And you got lucky (see EE link above)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm the seller of the forends, wouldnt mind everyone's input here. Did I price these too high? I've sold several MCS forends before for similar prices, but i feel like i may be a bit high on these. Anyone happen to have an opinion?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]
s&j hardware had them for 120 up until recently with action bars.  That was in CAD, when I ordered it was like 100ish shipped.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotcha. I'd heard that the SJ Hardware ones were factory seconds on an 870 specific forum but i have no evidence to back them up. That would certainly bring prices down.

I'm gonna lower my price on them, just waiting till i can bump it lol.

As an FYI to anyone interested in MCS stuff, there are some of the MCS soft cases on Ebay right now. I'm probably gonna grab a second myself, cause those things rock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
@bigdik3006 I don't want to be "that guy", but your add indicates that the MCS forend will fit on an 870 Special Field (unless I misunderstood).   I have both an MCS shorty and an SBS Special Field and the lugs are not in the same place.  See pics below.  The special field is the barrel in the middle with a standard 870 barrel on the left.  The lug on the Special Field is definitely closer to the receiver than a standard barrel, but it is not in the same place as an MCS.

And just because I want to show them off I also posted a pic of the two guns  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a couple of the factory Pelican cases I was going to sell, but shipping costs kill it. So they just sit around...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@bigdik3006 I don't want to be "that guy", but your add indicates that the MCS forend will fit on an 870 Special Field (unless I misunderstood).   I have both an MCS shorty and an SBS Special Field and the lugs are not in the same place.  See pics below.  The special field is the barrel in the middle with a standard 870 barrel on the left.  The lug on the Special Field is definitely closer to the receiver than a standard barrel, but it is not in the same place as an MCS.

https://i.imgur.com/PQNsTwn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VJlULjv.jpg
View Quote

Very sharp guns man.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PQNsTwn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VJlULjv.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for clearing it up. I was always under the impression that they were the exact same tube length and lug location, but i guess that is incorrect. You arent being “that guy”, i was just incorrect. Im always happy to learn more

I suppose in my mind it doesnt make a massive difference as an end user, and that the factory MCS bars will fit on a Special Field and not leave a massive gap. Its still an important distinction though, and its definitely more important for barrels.

Guess i’ve been in the Canadian clone game too long, my MCS knowledge is slipping
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the current state of my MCS. Very happy with it. I am also planning on making an updated version with a Sage EBR stock, Knights 870 RAS and Cadex MCS forend.

@ICU mind if i ask what you wanted to sell those for? Always wanted one of the Pelicans
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is the current state of my MCS. Very happy with it. I am also planning on making an updated version with a Sage EBR stock, Knights 870 RAS and Cadex MCS forend.

https://i.imgur.com/gQfhcwq.jpg

@ICU mind if i ask what you wanted to sell those for? Always wanted one of the Pelicans
View Quote

I forget what I had them listed at(on EE here), I do remember it was $60 bucks to ship insured via UPS. I live a few blocks from the REM factory, so I grab a lot of stuff out the museum/shop. They are the OD ones w/ pre factory cuts...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I forget what I had them listed at(on EE here), I do remember it was $60 bucks to ship insured via UPS. I live a few blocks from the REM factory, so I grab a lot of stuff out the museum/shop. They are the OD ones w/ pre factory cuts...
View Quote

Thats a fair amount for shipping, cant say its super surprising though. I may email you in a week or so, would love to work something out on one of those.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thats a fair amount for shipping, cant say its super surprising though. I may email you in a week or so, would love to work something out on one of those.
View Quote

Ill keep an eye out for it...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a couple of the factory Pelican cases I was going to sell, but shipping costs kill it. So they just sit around...
View Quote

@ICU are the cases cut for a specific model? Can you post a pic I’m curious what they look like.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@ICU are the cases cut for a specific model? Can you post a pic I’m curious what they look like.
View Quote

They are specific to the MCS...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gotcha. I'd heard that the SJ Hardware ones were factory seconds on an 870 specific forum but i have no evidence to back them up. That would certainly bring prices down.

I'm gonna lower my price on them, just waiting till i can bump it lol.

As an FYI to anyone interested in MCS stuff, there are some of the MCS soft cases on Ebay right now. I'm probably gonna grab a second myself, cause those things rock.
View Quote

Not sure about that.  Mine appeared new in bag.  Been a while since I bought it though.

Those bags look nice.  Are they harder to come by?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not sure about that.  Mine appeared new in bag.  Been a while since I bought it though.

Those bags look nice.  Are they harder to come by?
View Quote

I also bought one, and it looked fine. Its just what i had heard on some 870 group. May have been a dude just trashing on MCS stuff

Im not sure if the bags are hard to find, but i particularly like mine. Looks discreet and holds a lot. I suspect its made by Blackhawk, but i cant remember. I dont think there are any tags
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top