Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 4:20:44 PM EDT
Wonder what this means for AAC since theyre owned by them and what itll mean for customers who need their cans repaired.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/08/remington-financing-bankruptcy/
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s just your typical Corporate money laundering reorganization.
They ain’t going anywhere.

I think a short search and you will find they’ve already been given a bigger line of credit or something similar.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s just your typical Corporate money laundering reorganization.
They ain’t going anywhere.

I think a short search and you will find they’ve already been given a bigger line of credit or something similar.
View Quote
This.  Nothing is really changing for day to day operations.  It’s not like when a small business files for bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You would have to look at the corporate structure to know for sure.  I assume Freedom Group is the holding company and Remington, Marlin, AAC, etc, are most likely subsidiary companies.  Just because something is going on with Remington doesn't mean it will affect the others, the reasoning behind having different corporate entities.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You would have to look at the corporate structure to know for sure.  I assume Freedom Group is the holding company and Remington, Marlin, AAC, etc, are most likely subsidiary companies.  Just because something is going on with Remington doesn't mean it will affect the others, the reasoning behind having different corporate entities.
View Quote
Freedom group ceased to exist in 2014. It changed to Remington Outdoor Company.

ROC is owned by Cerberus Capital Management.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Freedom group ceased to exist in 2014. It changed to Remington Outdoor Company.

ROC is owned by Cerberus Capital Management.
View Quote
Who lost ownership as part of the BK agreement.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Worse (or maybe for the best) case is companies like AAC and Marlin would be sold off individually to disperse revenue to the debt holders.

If purchased by more reputable companies who would reinvest in the product everyone’s a winner except the shareholders and banks that made a terrible investment in a company no one had any respect or goodwill for.

The CEO’s who raped the good names will get a golden parachute and move on to the next company to do it all over again. It’s often written into their contract that they get a huge payout if terminated for any reason. I’ve even observed CEOs who drove a company to split off the respected names they purchased into bankruptcy move on to be CEOs of nonprofits.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread has fascinating commentary. And I legit feel smarter for having read it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top