Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a TAC-13 awhile back. I replaced the charging handle and added a sling

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For reference you can read the captions under the pics of my original post.

My sling plate was manufactured by Automatic Weaponry. AW made some of the last WP870's for the USMS after Jim Wilson stopped production. AW later became Scattergun Technologies, the original contractors for the infamous "Border Patrol" SBS. Roger Small never wasted anything and his contracted weapons would have a mix master of AW and Scattergun stamped parts. Thats how I ended up with a AW sling plate after Roger did some custom work on my 870 Express Magnum around 25 years ago. Wilson Combat purchased Scattergun and moved operations from Brentwood TN to Berryville AR. At some point before or after the transition, the design of the sling plate changed. Currently, the newer design will ship from Wilson Combat stamped with either "Scattergun Technologies" or "Wilson Combat". The one I purchased last spring is stamped Scattergun....

Here is the Automatic Weaponry and the Scattergun/Wilson Combat sling plates side by side. The AW is taller, tapering to rounded shoulders, with a slightly larger slot for the sling. It's nearly an exact copy of Jim Wilson's original design. IMHO AW's "Jim Wilson" inspired sling plate is far more functional and elegant in appearance.......as sling plates go.LOL  It looks better on the shotgun anyway.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rTjhGgmfDRqMnDXZwq0AoZwMWa9gUNSnW_CkcVqSvny6QXamgiyU3CXvYonfo_tCgclcvaBWNkAw_MtXovLRivrwitt0BAu0pTyTgKByRizJX8xN_Qc-TlurBppFRz6rzDm2lSbvgQ=w2400

Here are the sling plates installed; the Scattergun is on my 870 Police, and the AW is on my Tac-14

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/NPk7tqkzdFWKFC4wqCjY9S6hjVGNyqs5J4WcOnUyr5gowcBNQz3HNPaDTE-_ou0V4D520JQfJbABGHEWehGUlXuyKq45CCCu7-LD9IPiNyMo2FJf7-GrMvevKHjtMb6KlPu4VAjcZw=w2400

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XGMSlBaeD2jxDHA3OFDq653v2STjx_EX751PGVuIRQ6x7sZXO64cDDuAuMB-yzTSSWPCUEL6PR-D9f7FrtXQU-LbBluASZoJhXVYHe2ib7bcFGvvq8zXlvZ_4aozFee0-n3UVdCqCg=w2400

I'm not sure if you will be able find a sling plate with the older WP870 profile; I've looked high and low and not found any. S&J Hardware used to sell a 870 sling plate very similar to the AW, but it has been discontinued. For now, the wilson combat is your best bet. I'm like you, I prefer the older profile.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EYphmJmbYX_Ci0JWg9s96TeHk-RH9NHsltid9mDD5F2Iy4TKJ3EEVy7xSB35ORrSV6dWqWxbCIxrUxrsVT78qMcY6Absm57jEfkTX-RhAaKQqJksGY21-vwIsY_mjZLe09NwsH3Fng=w2400

Yep, it does look better

Regards

Rod
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where could I find a sling plate for the Tac-14?  I like the one on the OP’s gun and what was used on the Marshal’s guns.

Quoted:

Willson combat sells one that fits under the magcap or extension.

https://i.imgur.com/8Nklzh5.jpg

For reference you can read the captions under the pics of my original post.

My sling plate was manufactured by Automatic Weaponry. AW made some of the last WP870's for the USMS after Jim Wilson stopped production. AW later became Scattergun Technologies, the original contractors for the infamous "Border Patrol" SBS. Roger Small never wasted anything and his contracted weapons would have a mix master of AW and Scattergun stamped parts. Thats how I ended up with a AW sling plate after Roger did some custom work on my 870 Express Magnum around 25 years ago. Wilson Combat purchased Scattergun and moved operations from Brentwood TN to Berryville AR. At some point before or after the transition, the design of the sling plate changed. Currently, the newer design will ship from Wilson Combat stamped with either "Scattergun Technologies" or "Wilson Combat". The one I purchased last spring is stamped Scattergun....

Here is the Automatic Weaponry and the Scattergun/Wilson Combat sling plates side by side. The AW is taller, tapering to rounded shoulders, with a slightly larger slot for the sling. It's nearly an exact copy of Jim Wilson's original design. IMHO AW's "Jim Wilson" inspired sling plate is far more functional and elegant in appearance.......as sling plates go.LOL  It looks better on the shotgun anyway.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/rTjhGgmfDRqMnDXZwq0AoZwMWa9gUNSnW_CkcVqSvny6QXamgiyU3CXvYonfo_tCgclcvaBWNkAw_MtXovLRivrwitt0BAu0pTyTgKByRizJX8xN_Qc-TlurBppFRz6rzDm2lSbvgQ=w2400

Here are the sling plates installed; the Scattergun is on my 870 Police, and the AW is on my Tac-14

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/NPk7tqkzdFWKFC4wqCjY9S6hjVGNyqs5J4WcOnUyr5gowcBNQz3HNPaDTE-_ou0V4D520JQfJbABGHEWehGUlXuyKq45CCCu7-LD9IPiNyMo2FJf7-GrMvevKHjtMb6KlPu4VAjcZw=w2400

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XGMSlBaeD2jxDHA3OFDq653v2STjx_EX751PGVuIRQ6x7sZXO64cDDuAuMB-yzTSSWPCUEL6PR-D9f7FrtXQU-LbBluASZoJhXVYHe2ib7bcFGvvq8zXlvZ_4aozFee0-n3UVdCqCg=w2400

I'm not sure if you will be able find a sling plate with the older WP870 profile; I've looked high and low and not found any. S&J Hardware used to sell a 870 sling plate very similar to the AW, but it has been discontinued. For now, the wilson combat is your best bet. I'm like you, I prefer the older profile.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/EYphmJmbYX_Ci0JWg9s96TeHk-RH9NHsltid9mDD5F2Iy4TKJ3EEVy7xSB35ORrSV6dWqWxbCIxrUxrsVT78qMcY6Absm57jEfkTX-RhAaKQqJksGY21-vwIsY_mjZLe09NwsH3Fng=w2400

Yep, it does look better

Regards

Rod

@tc2129
@Enforcer

Sage International also makes a version.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
TAC-13
TAC-14
Shockwave
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@tc2129
@Enforcer

View Quote

Thanks, thats the same sling plate S&J used to carry. They had it branded as their own; go figure. I like it better than the Wilson Combat version. Might have to grind the horns down a little.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TAC-13
TAC-14
Shockwave
https://i.imgur.com/dqihFZq.jpg
View Quote

Nice collection! Of the three with do you prefer? You may have mentioned this in another post; give a little info on the +1 extension on the Tac-14.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks, thats the same sling plate S&J used to carry. They had it branded as their own; go figure. I like it better than the Wilson Combat version. Might have to grind the horns down a little.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@tc2129
@Enforcer

I have one of the Sage plates. I had it on one of my SBS', but took it off when I mounted a LaserProducts light, instead.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice collection! Of the three with do you prefer? You may have mentioned this in another post; give a little info on the +1 extension on the Tac-14.

Regards

Rod
View Quote

I prefer the TAC-13, and like the mossberg the least. The 590 action is to stiff and recoil is harder to control. The TAC-14 action is almost as smooth as my 70s Wingmasters.

The plus one on the 870 is a Vang Comp.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine is pretty plain but I like it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Looks good that way. I prefer them plain.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think all I would possibly want to do is a little bit better quality wood.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I prefer the TAC-13, and like the mossberg the least. The 590 action is to stiff and recoil is harder to control. The TAC-14 action is almost as smooth as my 70s Wingmasters.

The plus one on the 870 is a Vang Comp.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm considering a Tac-13 for my wife. When she saw my 14 she wants one for herself now. From all I have heard the V3 gas system is pretty soft shooting; I'm thinking it will be better suited for her.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#12]

The wood and OD canvas sling make it old-school sexy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]

That looks really good, and very effective.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The wood and OD canvas sling make it old-school sexy.
View Quote

Yes they do! I dig that look a lot.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally got around to replacing the stock spring in my TAC-14.  Remington appears to be doing all they can to save on steel wire .

The original follower and a phase 5 aluminum follower both liked to get hung up when inserting the last shell.  Wilson Combat/Scattergun Technology nylon follower that came with the spring seemed to fix that issue.

Sexier pic:

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I finally got around to replacing the stock spring in my TAC-14.  Remington appears to be doing all they can to save on steel wire .
View Quote

I also noticed that the factory TAC-14 magazine spring was very weak and short. I also ended up using a Wilson Combat “fluorescent green” follower, but used a Remington 870 Police magazine spring for a 4-shot tube. I found that the slightly shorter 870 Police spring allowed me to fit a full payload of 5 of the long and cheap-o Rio buckshot shells in the tube, while the Wilson Combat spring would not.

ETA: My TAC-14 came equipped with the Remington +1 extension, so that’s the one I’m using with the above spring/follower combo.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I also noticed that the factory TAC-14 magazine spring was very weak and short. I also ended up using a Wilson Combat “fluorescent green” follower, but used a Remington 870 Police magazine spring for a 4-shot tube. I found that the slightly shorter 870 Police spring allowed me to fit a full payload of 5 of the long and cheap-o Rio buckshot shells in the tube, while the Wilson Combat spring would not.

ETA: My TAC-14 came equipped with the Remington +1 extension, so that’s the one I’m using with the above spring/follower combo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I imagine if Remington just made the spring like 4 coils longer, it would increase tension enough to not have to worry about things, but the follower just kind of jiggled in there when the weapon was empty which isn't reassuring that there is enough tension to always function correctly with a single shell in the tube.  Granted, it's been reliable at the range for ~150 rounds in spite of that (and the previous two followers binding when both inserting and dry cycling in the fifth inserted shell), but this is a HD gun and I need those warm fuzzies in regards to its reliability.

I'm able to fit five shells of S&B 00 buck in mine with the Wilson spring and able to push the last shell in maybe 1/2" further with my thumb before it bottoms out.  I'll keep in mind that I may need to snip off a coil or two if I switch to other shells (plan to get some flite controls in the near future for it).
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#18]
What started as range toys have earned a place in my bedroom HD arsenal. I'm not normally a fan of lasers on defensive firearms but IMHO the CT Laser Saddle is a 'must-have' for the Shockwave. A trimmed-down Hogue forend does great for managing recoil but I'm seriously considering the Streamlight TL-Racker light/forend combo.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone got a heatshield on these remingtons?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have pics of a TAC-14 with an MCS forend? Was wondering how much space there is between the end of the magtube and the forend.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone have pics of a TAC-14 with an MCS forend? Was wondering how much space there is between the end of the magtube and the forend.
View Quote

my 18 inch barreled 870 with a MCS fore end. The magazine tube is the same as on a TAC-14.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
TAC-13
TAC-14
Shockwave
View Quote

Anyone know if there are any front sling plates still out there like that for the for the mossbergs? With the sling at the 6 o'clock position? I see some out there for 870's but all the Mossberg versions are on the sides
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Anyone know if there are any front sling plates still out there like that for the for the mossbergs? With the sling at the 6 o'clock position? I see some out there for 870's but all the Mossberg versions are on the sides
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TAC-13
TAC-14
Shockwave

I never could find one... but the Remington 870 piece is easily modified to work on the Mossberg.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I never could find one... but the Remington 870 piece is easily modified to work on the Mossberg.

View Quote

If that's the case I might as well order the Wilson combat one and bust out the Dremel and files. I emailed S&J hardware last week to see if it was possible to order a Mossberg one but haven't got a response.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If that's the case I might as well order the Wilson combat one and bust out the Dremel and files. I emailed S&J hardware last week to see if it was possible to order a Mossberg one but haven't got a response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I did!

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very easy to fit a Wilson combat 870 sling plate to fit a Mossberg

You just need to remove .010-.015 from the top

If you go back and look at my group picture the sling plate on my mossberg is for a 870
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Couldn't find a Tac 13, decided to go a smaller route:

Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S Mini Black Walnut

Black Aces Tactical Pro Series Mini S 10" Firearm
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Couldn't find a Tac 13, decided to go a smaller route:

Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S Mini Black Walnut

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo343/provinyl/Black%20Aces/BlackAcesMini_zpsrs61myqh.jpg
View Quote

I love the idea of the Black Aces, but I hear terrible things about them on here. No idea if it's first hand info or not, so please do a write up of them (and tag me when you do!).

I just filed for an 8" SxS so I'm a fan of as short as you can get in a shotgun as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MiamiSniper:
Couldn't find a Tac 13, decided to go a smaller route:

Black Aces Tactical Pro Series S Mini Black Walnut 

https://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo343/provinyl/Black%20Aces/BlackAcesMini_zpsrs61myqh.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wLmMPccYVg
View Quote

That was a pretty cool video; did you make it? If you did, was it on the equipment in the background of your pic? I wish I had that kind of talent. Good stuff

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got mine done in Midnight Bronze Cerakote.  I'm quite content.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Updated pic of my Tac-13 SBS.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just got mine done in Midnight Bronze Cerakote.  I'm quite content.

https://i.imgur.com/HxtzOdo.jpg?1
View Quote

Quoted:
Updated pic of my Tac-13 SBS.

https://i.imgur.com/X0pMqHUh.jpg
View Quote

Liking the the finish on the T-14 and the wood furniture on the T-13. Nicely done, hat's off to both of you!

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#33]
870 Laminated stock set bobbed, sling swivel stud installed, wood refinished and installed.
870VR barrel is sent out today for shortening.
Tac14 Money Pit is moving along nicely.

I'm going to have the original barrel and a lot of parts to sell when this is over...
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Just put a vent rib on mine; it's 4 oz heavier, and you can feel it. Have a stock on order to shape a mares leg. Hopefully I can get it all completed shortly. When i find a suitable 870 walnut forend I'll begin reshaping it. For now, Ill keep the one I have. I also made a custom leather sling from two old slings I had stored away; turned out pretty slick. Sorry for the delay, my google embed app isn't working for some reason, had to go back to Photobucket. More pics soon.

Also pictured is a Witness Protection birdshead grip I made. I may install it but it might go on another project. I want to finish the mares leg first and see which one I prefer. Still need to instal the bead front sight. Once I finish, I'll go into more detail

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#35]
^Looks nice w that vent rib!  How did you install that?  And what sling are you using?

One more in the sunshine:

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
^Looks nice w that vent rib!  How did you install that?  And what sling are you using?

One more in the sunshine:

https://i.imgur.com/e67VGOh.jpg?1
View Quote

Looks good with the wood furniture.

I don't think its an easy option to add a ventrib to a plain barrel. At least not for regular folk.

Options for a VR barrel would be to buy one from Suarez Int., but it's going to cost $425 for their most basic barrel. Includes bore polish job, cut and crown to 14", cerakote. Add $50 for tritium front bead. Add porting for $125.

I opted to buy a used barrel off Ebay. Usually runs ~$90-120.  I got mine for $150 after shipping and taxes, and that included a Briley extended Mod choke.  RoseActionSports cut, crown, relocate bead, thread for Remchokes, polish bore and lengthen forcing cone for $175.  That puts me at about $325 and the plan is to get everything shipped out this week for cerakote that is going to run $200 for the whole gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

Looks good with the wood furniture.

I don't think its an easy option to add a ventrib to a plain barrel. At least not for regular folk.

Options for a VR barrel would be to buy one from Suarez Int., but it's going to cost $425 for their most basic barrel. Includes bore polish job, cut and crown to 14", cerakote. Add $50 for tritium front bead. Add porting for $125.

I opted to buy a used barrel off Ebay. Usually runs ~$90-120.  I got mine for $150 after shipping and taxes, and that included a Briley extended Mod choke.  RoseActionSports cut, crown, relocate bead, thread for Remchokes, polish bore and lengthen forcing cone for $175.  That puts me at about $325 and the plan is to get everything shipped out this week for cerakote that is going to run $200 for the whole gun.
View Quote

Correct, I "bought" a express ventilated rib barrel for $75; cut and crowned it myself. I'll add the bead sight once my tap arrives. I actually thought about having Rem chokes installed, but decided against it due to the cost vs benefit. I'm having chokes installed on one of my A5 barrels and didn't perceive a performance benefit on a 14" barrel. I may change my mind later. We'll see.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I figured since RAS was cutting and crowning the barrel, I may as well have them thread it too.  The cost difference between just cut/crown vs cut/crown/thread for chokes was relatively cheap for something that gave me options down the road.  Cost difference was about $30 since I was also having another barrel cut/crown by RAS, but did not opt for threading for chokes since it was a single shot $50 shotgun I picked up last year.  While the used 870 VR barrel I picked up came with a Mod choke, I picked up a IC choke since that is the recommended rifled slug option.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I figured since RAS was cutting and crowning the barrel, I may as well have them thread it too.  The cost difference between just cut/crown vs cut/crown/thread for chokes was relatively cheap for something that gave me options down the road.  Cost difference was about $30 since I was also having another barrel cut/crown by RAS, but did not opt for threading for chokes since it was a single shot $50 shotgun I picked up last year.  While the used 870 VR barrel I picked up came with a Mod choke, I picked up a IC choke since that is the recommended rifled slug option.
View Quote

The barrel I cut down came with a Modified as well; now I have a full, mod, IC and a Turkey choke. A good set up for my stocked Express w/ the extra 20" barrel
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Normally my Tac-14 stays under the back seat. With things a little more high risk lately it’s been riding up front with me.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This is my second Tac-14. My other is a wood version that was just too nice to leave in the truck. I didn’t want the wood to get scratched up. This one was a base model I picked up for cheap. Drilled the mag tube, threw on some WC parts, an XS front sight and refinished it with Brownells dark grey park Alumahyde.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Part of me wants a +1 adapter
Attachment Attached File

Mossbergs with a pistol grip are generally un-ergonomic. But with a wave safety and magpul k grip I can use the safety/release without an issue.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Normally my Tac-14 stays under the back seat. With things a little more high risk lately it’s been riding up front with me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/9D06AB2F-5825-4A67-8189-BB555DA6EC85_jpe-1450680.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/DFCB8162-D93E-4548-A9C1-DE720E30A370_jpe-1450681.JPG

This is my second Tac-14. My other is a wood version that was just too nice to leave in the truck. I didn’t want the wood to get scratched up. This one was a base model I picked up for cheap. Drilled the mag tube, threw on some WC parts, an XS front sight and refinished it with Brownells dark grey park Alumahyde.
View Quote

Monica
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Part of me wants a +1 adapter
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/OBkvJMV_jpg-1451023.JPG

Mossbergs with a pistol grip are generally un-ergonomic. But with a wave safety and magpul k grip I can use the safety/release without an issue.
View Quote

Use it like an AK. Swipe it with your index finger and keep your thumb on the grip
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just put a vent rib on mine; it's 4 oz heavier, and you can feel it. Have a stock on order to shape a mares leg. Hopefully I can get it all completed shortly. When i find a suitable 870 walnut forend I'll begin reshaping it. For now, Ill keep the one I have. I also made a custom leather sling from two old slings I had stored away; turned out pretty slick. Sorry for the delay, my google embed app isn't working for some reason, had to go back to Photobucket. More pics soon.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RKqVZLKs3FWgNE1DCqPtaaZkaKqnerG2iipgm7GDS7bmiY16sS_PlXXWX_Vr7qwl3taX7We3L_zy5sn7c5pxdOmJODyFvU8U4_svfxepnLzE2qAtA6yJZK-oP6hXs2CY14_h_5-jVQ=w2400

Also pictured is a Witness Protection birdshead grip I made. I may install it but it might go on another project. I want to finish the mares leg first and see which one I prefer. Still need to instal the bead front sight. Once I finish, I'll go into more detail

Regards

Rod
View Quote

That looks great with the vent rib barrel.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone make a metal trigger guard for these?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a metal trigger guard for these?
View Quote

Sure, both Remington and Mossberg aluminum triggerguards are available. You may not like the price.

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/trigger-guard-parts/trigger-guards/mossberg-trigger-assembly-sku631000337-24369-51007.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/trigger-plate-parts/trigger-plates/trigger-plate-assembly-police-parkerized-prod26466.aspx

aluminum trigger groups can sometimes be found on ebay

I have an aluminum trigger group in my Shockwave.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That looks great with the vent rib barrel.
View Quote

Thanks, still haven't put the bead front sight on. Will probably finish it after I get back from vacation. Seems as if there is always a project to complete.

Regards

Rod
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I replaced the grip on my TAC-14 with a leather wrapped one.

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#50]
So as nice as the TL rackers is, Im trying to find a factory shockwave/corncob forend. Having a hard time locating one, I'm going to have to give Mossberg a call, that is unless somebody wants to get rid of one thats sitting in their parts bin

I did find this on Etsey, Im tempted.

How slippery is the wood for those with the Nightstick version?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top