Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2021 10:20:02 AM EDT
I have no clue what something like this is worth......

Remington 700 Police 308 in Choate Tactical stock painted multicam and looks like a quality job. Barrel was cut from 24” to 20” and threaded. Larue Tactical 20 MOA scope base. Factory bottom metal replaced with Badger Ordinance kit. 200 rounds down range. Asking is $750. Use will be for hunting even though I have others to use, I’ve only semi-auto in 308 so thought a bolt action in same was in order. Don’t need it but want it basically.

Thanks y’all.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That will be pretty heavy for hunting, if you actually walk around and carry the rifle.

I carried a Rem 700LTR for many miles and I wouldn't do it again.

$750 would be fair if the barrel isn't shot out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like a fair price to me. The guns were $750 and up new and a tactical in a hogue stock was $650ish I think.

The threading adds value as long as you’re ok with the shorter barrel. Big questions is if you are ok with the stock and paint job.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven’t held it yet but from the pics, it looks like a good job. I’ve a suppressor so the threaded barrel appeals to me. Lastly, it’ll be deer stand hunting and likely lighter than my LMT MARS 308 with 20” barrel ;)
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The badger kit is the DBM type?

If all work was professionally done and not by some guy in his basement, and there really is only 200 rounds through it, then I think that would be a great price. The base 700P model could be found recently for around $800 for clearance type deals but the base price used to be around $1000 without the work done on it.

Edit- I missed what stock it was in. I was thinking it was factory stock. Me personally I’m not a fan of the stock as listed and not sure I would buy it based upon that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The big questions are how does it shoot, and how many rounds through it?   If the barrel is shot out or if there is some reason it doesn't shoot well with the Choate stock, you are just buying the rifle for parts.  A decent new barrel will probably run about $350 or more, and about the same or more to have a gunsmith cut, chamber and mount the barrel onto the action.  

Having to spend nearly $700 just to have a good quality barrel installed, and then see if it will shoot in the Choate stock isn't anything I would be interested in.  OTOH if the seller tells you there is only 150 rounds through it and will let you have a gunsmith bore scope it, and the bore scope report says it looks good, then it might be worth consideration.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Too many variables....gonna pass
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't take a truck load of their recent stuff if you paid me a million dollars. Hopefully it is from their glory days era if you fo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wouldn't take a truck load of their recent stuff if you paid me a million dollars. Hopefully it is from their glory days era if you fo.
View Quote

Why is that? There were a ton of them that shot great and some people think the newest ones before they closed down were pretty solid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Since they are no longer made, what about collector value?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Since they are no longer made, what about collector value?
View Quote

They built truckloads of them so I doubt they will ever be super collectible especially if they are heavily modded like the gun the OP was looking at. The new owners of Remington have said they'll be back as well. I'd put money elsewhere if I wanted a collectible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top